Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Payment Method now on Tesla's My Tesla Page [Since Removed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The full dummy VIN is 5YJSA1DP8CFS00844
5YJ - Tesla
S - Model S
A - 5 Door Hatchback LHD
1 - Manual Type 2 USA Seat Belts ....
D - 20kw Charger, w/DC Fast Charge
P - Performance A/C Motor, Tier 7 Battery (81-90 kWh)
8 - (Check digit)
C - 2012
F - Fremont, CA (FRE)
S - Signature Series Vehicle
00844 - Production Sequence

I wonder if the owner of Model S P85 Sig 844 is involved. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: nuevodesi
I'm wondering if the upcoming 8.0 release has anything to do with this. That is, maybe it contains a better measuring/reporting mechanism for Supercharging consumption. It also may include a way to disable Supercharging if there are no credits. This would be a comprehensive change to the existing binary flag methodology (and a much better idea regardless).

What I'm trying to say is that 8.0 could be the firmware version that makes decoupling possible.
No reason for 8.0 to have anything to do with this. The payments wouldn't apply to Model S or X, and there will be more firmware updates before Model 3 comes out (or different firmware for Model 3).

>> "If you have any questions please view out support page to lear more" [sic]

Emphasis mine. Seems the grammar is still in beta.

>> "Learn more about Supercharging service or idle fees here"

Where does that link go to?

"Idle fees" - this is getting interesting!

Reactions: ohmman
Strikes me as way too early for the CC payment option to have anything to do with M3 or supercharging.
I'll guess that it is meant to ease the $5000 down payment for people without the cash sitting in their checking account today.

There is no need for hinky poo-poo SC payment schemes. If people want poo-poo, let them use ChaDeMos.

Tesla adds section for supercharger payments to users' MyTesla page

One neat thing about TMC is that once you post something, we can refer back to it later.

• Funny
Reactions: RubberToe
OK, I added my credit card info. But I sure as h-e-double hockey sticks don't see any change to the page. Where did you finding this information?

Viewing the HTML page source. If you go to edit the credit card data, it's on that page. The screen shot is from someone who ran it through an HTML editor and just activated the "hidden" code.

OK, I added my credit card info. But I sure as h-e-double hockey sticks don't see any change to the page. Where did you finding this information?
It has nothing to do with whether you have credit card info added or not. It's part of the page source code. You have to use the see page source option in your browser.

It has nothing to do with whether you have credit card info added or not. It's part of the page source code. You have to use the see page source option in your browser.

Thanks to both of you for your kind replies. However, I still do not know what you are referring to. "Page source option" in my browser is not something that I know anything about!

Thanks again. I will stay with the luggage by the river and let the rest of you carry on. :)

Thanks to both of you for your kind replies. However, I still do not know what you are referring to. "Page source option" in my browser is not something that I know anything about!

Thanks again. I will stay with the luggage by the river and let the rest of you carry on. :)

Right click on the page and select "View source" or something like that, which will open the underlying HTML code for that page.

Too late though, it was removed in the last 10-15 minutes.

:)

So true, but in defense of my posture I'll say that the code is itself something of a placeholder and can be amended anytime they want. And second, my guess of CC payment for production can be *in addition* to other CC uses being considered.*

One thing is for sure though: Tesla is at least considering SC a la carte pricing and I now think it more likely than not it will be implemented.

Reactions: Canuck
Payment section is now gone from the website, along with the hidden SC PPU code. Looks like they rolled the website code back to last Friday.

<!-- [BUILD_TAG_rc_201608261341_rel_r_201608_7_alpha.r1] -->
<!-- You are viewing the D7 website. :boom: -->

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones