Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Payment method

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So things moving along apace now. I have a delivery appointment and today received the email and guidance on how to pay the balance.

Question for those who’ve already been through this process. Did you do a simple online bank transfer using the sort code and account number provided? I’m thinking that seems the easiest option. Or is one of the other options - IBAN or SWIFT - better and if so, why? Thanks.

I did Faster Payment transfers. It took me a day or two because I did it from two different accounts, and one bank had a payment limit of £1000 per transfer, so I had to do 20-odd transfers from that account. Your bank may vary.

I never had any receipt or acknowledgement from Tesla, I just saw the payments appear in the source code 24-48 hours later.

Did simple
So things moving along apace now. I have a delivery appointment and today received the email and guidance on how to pay the balance.

Question for those who’ve already been through this process. Did you do a simple online bank transfer using the sort code and account number provided? I’m thinking that seems the easiest option. Or is one of the other options - IBAN or SWIFT - better and if so, why? Thanks.
Simple bank transfer.

Cooperative Bank charges nothing for a transfer of the full amount. Sorry to hear some of you are paying bank charges for this. I paid around 4pm and meant to call them to check they'd got it as the transfer was instant, but I forgot. Just checked source code for ExistingDeposit and the full amount is showing as "already been credited towards the Amount Due at Delivery." Good stuff.

When I gave the woman on the phone the account details and said "Tesla Motors Ltd" there was a pause and then she said, "My brother's mad about Teslas. He's always watching YouTube videos on them."

And then when the supervisor came on to finalise the rather large transfer, she said, "I have to admit that I'm a tad jealous that you're getting a Tesla."

I've a feeling I'm going to have to get used to more of this in the next few months...

Reactions: Roy W.
Can you pay via Amex out of curiosity... the points would be great

Just got my delivery date given to me, it'll be in 12 days, woooooot! Finally.

I do have AMEX cc and at the moment I need 50,000 reward points to transfer to Finnair in order to have a seat upgrade on an upcoming long haul trip. I am still about 15,000 short.

So one way to do this is via Paypal's service called Xoom. There will be a fee. For a £15,000 transfer to a UK bank account the fee is £97.99. It is 0.65% (I've checked this as I initially put £20,000). That will give me 15,000 membership rewards point plus I have an annual bonus of 10,000 reward points which will be met if I made purchase of £15,000 (not sure how quickly this would be applied). So, a £15,000 transfer will give me 25,000 reward points for less than £100. If I looked at Finnair website, buying 15,000 points cost £193. So it's definitely a deal.

I'm only going to pay £15,000 as that will get me enough points in the immediate future for my Finnair, there's no need to incur further charges! The rest I will pay with bank transfer. My max daily limit is £25,000.

tl;dr... Yes, you can use your AMEX as part payment for your Tesla, I will use Paypal/Xoom but I understand Revolut/Western Union are other options. There will be a charge, but if you need your AMEX reward points for something specific and with a time limit, then it may be worth it!

Reactions: Roy W.