TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Payment options for the first 30...

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by VRM3, Jul 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. VRM3

VRM3 Member

Is it safe to assume that the lucky folks who are getting their cars tonight have already entered into a financial agreement for the car? I wonder what options they had for payment? i.e. Is there a special lease program that Tesla is going to reveal or do you think these first 30 were financed through traditional lenders with standard rates (credit score rated)?

2. BerTX

BerTX Active Member

You asked what I think, so this is it -- I don't think the people getting the cars tonight need any financing. I don't think they are "the little people".

• Like x 1
  3. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Are you looking for random speculation? How would we know? I suspect that the people getting their cars are discouraged from posting here, and may not want to share that info anyways.

4. VRM3

VRM3 Member

Just pure speculation about how payment for the first cars would be handled, that's all. Of course they wouldn't divulge such info! I personally DO feel there will be "little people" represented tonight in the owner pool.

5. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

We know the first two people have boatloads of money at least.

• Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  6. TJtv

TJtv Member

The folks getting their cars tonight likely have purchased many many multiples of the price of their Model 3 worth of Tesla stock. They don't need financing/leasinng for a $35k car.

• Funny x 1
  7. gregd

gregd Active Member

Payroll deduction, personal check, first born?

My guess is that the first 30 will be from a variety of positions, not just board members. They do appear to be going more or less in order of reservation (as indicated by the first two), and that would send a good message to all observers.

8. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

For these people? cash between their couch cushions.

9. tomc603

tomc603 New Member

Could not possibly agree more. The first thirty are almost certainly executives and major investors and/or board members. A $50-60k car isn't much concern to those kinds of people.

10. gregd

gregd Active Member

That would be a good sign... The super wealthy (if those are the people you are referring to) generally don't do cash, couch resident or otherwise. They really need to have a wide variety of engineers and production folks be the ones to take the first cars on the road day-to-day, because that's where they will get their best early feedback.

• Like x 1
  11. XHokie

XHokie Member

• Informative x 1