TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Payment question

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Relpek45, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Relpek45

Relpek45 Member

Hello all
    Time to get a new car and looking much at tesla. With payment what is due at signing? Looking to buy not lease. Never had a car ordered. Is the initial payment due at signing or paid over period until it gets there or upon arrival? Is it always 10% or can it be less? How many months will they finance it over? Thanks much.

2. Chickenlittle

Chickenlittle Active Member

That's a great question but should be addressed to tesla. Answers on a forum don't mean much. Also depends on state, options etc. not a pressure situation, can call tesla to find out

3. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

The
    Do not know about financing, paid for mine. Once you configure your car on line it shows you your total cost less the $5000 deposit. I picked mine up at the factory and gave them a check for the balance at that time.

4. tiblot

tiblot Member

If you buy the car, payment in full is required. Either by you or by a lender.
    The actual amount you have to put down is determined by your lender. Lenders have different terms. The two best I saw in May when I paid was:

DCU @ 100% financing, .99%, 65 months
    Alliant @ 95% financing, 1.49%, 72 months

5. Relpek45

Relpek45 Member

Thanks much. Any other purchasing with financing stories here? Can you pay at pickup or does it have to be when you ordered? Ty

6. Relpek45

Relpek45 Member

So you paid the $5000 at pickup months later? Thanks

7. astrotoy

astrotoy Member

No, the $5K is the deposit required at the time of the order. The balance is due at pickup or delivery. You can use a CC for the initial $5K deposit on line. I just paid with a personal check for the balance, no CC's allowed.

8. Relpek45

Relpek45 Member

Thanks. I thought 10% down is a requirement for purchasing. Can you get them to stretch out the term beyond 72 months? Thanks so much all

9. Ed Chan

Ed Chan Member

Tesla financing is minimum 10% down, excluding tax and fees, and maximum 72 months. Other banks/credit unions have different terms, some with 120% financing, and some with 84 month pay periods. Also, the required deposit to order is $2500, not $5000.

10. galangg

galangg Member

$2500 down as deposit. The rest at delivery; either financing or cash (check, etc). In other words, just like any other car purchase at delivery.