Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PBS Newshour - Science "Water to Power"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They did a "mea culpa" at the end of todays (Wednesday) newshour.

I'm looking forward to watching. The Newshour is by far my favorite source of news. 'Free Energy' BS is a pet peeve of mine. This kind of mainstream promotion isn't just irresponsible. In the face of climate change it's dangerous.

BTW, how about the statement that an American house requires 30 kw. If you pull that 24 hours a day, that;'s 21.6 megawatt hours in a month, for an electric bill of $2500 even where juice is cheap. I don't think so.

Meh... I can let that slide... as was mentioned previously they likely meant 30kWh/day. I know engineers at work that get tripped up over kW vs kWh. We need better units for electrical Power vs Energy. No one says they need to get 10HP from the gas station... it sounds absurd.

I propose that 100kWh shall henceforth be known as an Elon :D

Last edited:
They did a "mea culpa" at the end of todays (Wednesday) newshour.

Hmmm... that was unsatisfying... they just read the editors note posted on their website. This isn't something nebulous like the risks of vaping... these are the laws of thermodynamics. The claim from yesterdays show was complete nonsense and they should have called it out as such...

Reactions: Jaff and GSP
Been 2 years... saw another Malcolm Brabant segment tonight... still can't shake the memory of this nonsense. If there's any journalists out there... take note. You should refuse an assignment that's nonsense. It WILL tarnish your reputation for years or decades...