Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PCN in electric car bay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
taking this thread totally off topic best hotel for charging I have found is Molies in Bristol they have between 8 and 12 3phase AC chargers free to use and can be booked. ( not to mention the 8 paid DC chargers out front) this is the future of hotels/charging ! and at current electric prices that could save half the cost of your stay compared to Supercharging across the road!
Agreed. I’ve stayed there too. Only me and a hybrid were parked in that night.

I hate cowboy clampers and rouge private parking enforcers... I also hate official parking wardens...but we are supposed to be evangelists for an electric future...if this legal action resulted in all charging bays being treated as ordinary parking places, what then?
In my opinion, get the daughter to pay the fine herself, if she truly believed that a charging bay was an exclusive ev parking spot then the money you invested in her education was squandered and that’s where your legal action should concentrate

For those most angry at my daughters mistake, would you

I had a not dissimilar situation.

Went to Wisley. Nice sunny day, loads of cars, car parks full, car parking was now "back of beyond". All find of course ...

Marshall directing traffic flagged me down. "Do you need to charge your car?" ... I would need to charge to be able to get home, so a couple of hours on destination-charger might well avoid that so "Yes please".

Directed me to car chargers within a short walk of the entrance. Happy days. Two chargers, one empty. Very happy days. Instruction signage to go to reception to get the "card" / initiate the charge (or something like that). Parked in the bay. Went to reception ...

"Its in use"
"No, that's the other bay"
"Only one bay working"

So I left my car there, not plugged in. Family was stood in entrance by then, move car to back-of-beyond and walk back would have been "ages".

No snotty "What twit would park in an EV bay and not charge" note on the windscreen when I returned - luckily :)

Checked plugshare. 2nd charging bay hadn't been working for over a year. Shame on RHS

When somebody posts that she might have stopped somebody charging on the way to hospital… <snip>
Hahahaha! Must have missed that gem.

I believe my point stands that if you finish your charge and overstay a while then it’s just a feature of the way the system works and you had the intended benefit.

If you plugged in and eventually prevented someone else from doing so and you never charged at all then you’re denying someone a benefit for no good reason and that’s not justifiable.

I got the impression from your original post that you probably tend to agree with me anyway :)

Reactions: Doudeau
To be fair to RHS they now have 8 shiny Rolec EVCharge points at Wisley

yeah they told me that they were putting them in as part of the major revamp at Wisley, but for an organisation who has looking after the planet as a primary objective I told them it was poor show that they were not doing something temporary ... a couple of years not functioning is different to a couple of weeks of course :)