Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PCS_a023 Unable to Charge ... Out of Nowhere

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"won't plug in"... Is there something physically preventing the cable from entering like it should? I've seen cases where the locking mechanism stayed "locked" without the cable in. You might want to try unlocking the port, or using the manual release cable in the trunk if all else fails, if that's the case.

Reactions: GOVA
"won't plug in"... Is there something physically preventing the cable from entering like it should? I've seen cases where the locking mechanism stayed "locked" without the cable in. You might want to try unlocking the port, or using the manual release cable in the trunk if all else fails, if that's the case.
Thanks,
My bad, I described it incorrectly.

Plugs in, but will not charge. New clue...
5 minutes later I got the update msg for software 16.3 (on 16.2).
Update failed

🤔

• Disagree
Reactions: GOVA and GtiMart
Just saw this today (part 2 is also out there). Hope you don’t have the same problem

Thanks for the video...
My symptoms are somewhat different. I get just 2 messages. Charge door does not open. Plugging in yields no light at the connector. No other issues.

I've tried a suite of reset techniques
  • Scroll wheel
  • Change tire config
  • Pulled 12v cables.
Interesting that after the first occurrence of the error,
Car tried to upgrade 2x from 16.2 to 16.3.
Failed at 60% mark.

I'm thinking this is software related. Possibly an upgrade to the 2022.20 release will set things right.
Tampa is booked thru mid-August, so I'm taking the car to Sarasota. Good news is Tesla is building a big SC in St. Pete.

HVP_w015
PCS_a023

If anyone has seen these codes in pairs before, thanks for any info you can share.
😎

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Thanks for the video...
My symptoms are somewhat different. I get just 2 messages. Charge door does not open. Plugging in yields no light at the connector. No other issues.

I've tried a suite of reset techniques
  • Scroll wheel
  • Change tire config
  • Pulled 12v cables.
Interesting that after the first occurrence of the error,
Car tried to upgrade 2x from 16.2 to 16.3.
Failed at 60% mark.

I'm thinking this is software related. Possibly an upgrade to the 2022.20 release will set things right.
Tampa is booked thru mid-August, so I'm taking the car to Sarasota. Good news is Tesla is building a big SC in St. Pete.

HVP_w015
PCS_a023

If anyone has seen these codes in pairs before, thanks for any info you can share.
😎
did the issue get fixed? what was the root cause? I have the both error codes on the brand new model 3 RWD (50 hours old car).

@Hurricane4911 any update on how this was resolved for you? I had the same symptoms - Tesla came by and replaced the charge port assembly (out of warranty)... thinking it would fix it. But it hasn't :( so they're still reviewing. Thanks for any comments
Yes,
The ECU Charge port controller was replaced.
Mine was Gen 4 part #
NA(1537264-00-B)

A bit of research showed there was a rash of ECU replacements earlier in 2022.

No cost.

Reactions: zeezz
I am getting PCS_a023 (without HVP_w015) which suddenly showed up on my Model Y stopping scheduled overnight charging since Oct 2nd.

The Tesla service center says it is a known issue with my firmware 2023.7.30. They say you just have to wait for an update.

Steering Wheel reboot has not cleared it. Manualing starting charging from the car or app works.

PCS_a023.jpg