TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

PDX long term parking for Tesla?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by ilovemycoffee, Jun 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ilovemycoffee

ilovemycoffee Member

Any recommendations for long term parking a Tesla at PDX? (not worried about access to a charger)

I am pricing out some airfares out of North Bend and PDX to O'Hare, and it's over $1000 less out of PDX. It's cheaper for us to drive up and stay at a nearby hotel at that price difference.

Thanks in advance!

2. melindav

melindav ☰ reserved

Some hotels will permit travelers to park in their lots while gone... Or the PDX Economy lot is $10/day and does have free charger access (know you said not a concern, but still..) The EV spaces are also near a shuttle shelter, so in a high traffic/visibility area.

3. peterspd

peterspd peterspd

I parked in the PDX economy parking lot for 7 days. On the way back, I needed to drive to Woodburn supercharger before went back Olympia. Hopefully, one day will have supercharger in Portland also in Seattle.

4. Lyon

Lyon 2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D

I would call the airport hotels, I know some of them will let you leave a car with them while you're out of town. I presume there's a requirement that you stay with them for a night or two. They may charge a fee but IIRC it's less than the long-term lot charge.

5. ilovemycoffee

ilovemycoffee Member

Thanks for the responses! I totally forgot about the hotel option. We arrive in Portland in the evening, so we can stay the night and leave it for a few days.

It's amazing how bizarre airplane ticket pricing can be. It costs twice as much to fly to South Bend, Indiana than to Paris, France from North Bend.

6. melindav

melindav ☰ reserved

@ilovemycoffee - I've been to both Paris and S.Bend... maybe the airlines are trying to encourage visiting one over the other ;)

7. ilovemycoffee

ilovemycoffee Member

I need to convince my in laws to move to Paris

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1