TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

peachpass

Discussion in 'Model X' started by suneck, Dec 22, 2019.

1. suneck

suneck New Member

About to mount my oeachpass transponder on my new X Wheres the best place so it is easy to read Thanks

2. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

Is something you carry on the inside of the windshield? If so, the manual shows those mounted on the roof/windshield glass right my your right ear. That is where I have my HOV transponder and it works great.

• Like x 1
  3. spectrum

spectrum Member

Right above the passenger’s head, to the right of the black plastic strip, close to the roof and as close to the center as possible. Never had a problem. Let me know if you want a pic!

4. sacfan

sacfan Member

Photo WOULD be appreciated please.

5. Drlev

Drlev Member

Anywhere in the tinted portion of the windshield is fine. Above your head right next to the black strip works splendidly.

This information and a handy diagram are in the manual.

• Like x 1
  6. shinytop

shinytop Member

I have my Sunpass transponder mounted immediately behind the mirror. Works and is more out of signht.

• Disagree x 1
  7. ShawnA

ShawnA Supporting Member

Hi Suneck,

I mounted my Ipass to the right of the rear view mirror.
    I mounted my Sunpass/Peachpass directly above my head.
    See pictures below...

Ipass next to Rear Mirror.jpg

Sunpass above driver's head.jpg

Shawn

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  8. snorp

snorp Member

You don't have to mount your Peach Pass, just make sure your tag number is entered correctly in the website or the app. I drive in the HOV lanes all the time without a transponder and Peach Pass figures it out and deducts from my account accordingly.

9. Deepatl

Deepatl New Member

I have the peach pass sticker in the same location and works just fine. Also, from my understanding, peach pass / express lanes have all sorts of issues reading the smart stickers (RFID?) and instead usually rely on license plate validation. If you believe this, it doesn’t really matter where you place the sticker.