Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pearl Multi-coat vs standard white

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw a pearl white at the DC store. Thought it was very, very slightly grayish in color. The pearl did not standout for me in comparison to the Lexus pearl white; that is gorgeous. I am thus leaning towards the solid white with the gray interior. But I saw the tan interior on a white car at the Rockville MD service center and liked it too. I think the gray may be sportier and the tan mor luxury. But I am concerned that the piping on the tan would not go with the rest of the car, whereas the cream piping on the gray matches the headliner color (for the most part). The decisions are so hard to make.

swegman, color choices or shade of colors is like BEAUTY, which is in the eyes of the beholder. It is personal and you cannot debate over colors. Most Japanese and American premium cars, if not all, do not charge color options but the Germans and Europeans do. I never understand the differences but never want to pay for colors. Is it historical? philosophical? or they just want to make more profits on colors?

Thank you everyone. I have wanted a metallic white car for a long time and my wife agrees that I work hard and should get it.

Thant said, I agree with jandkw that :

swegman, color choices or shade of colors is like BEAUTY, which is in the eyes of the beholder. It is personal and you cannot debate over colors. Most Japanese and American premium cars, if not all, do not charge color options but the Germans and Europeans do. I never understand the differences but never want to pay for colors. Is it historical? philosophical? or they just want to make more profits on colors?

Now it is a matter of waiting.

Thank you everyone. I have wanted a metallic white car for a long time and my wife agrees that I work hard and should get it.

Congrats. So the pearl white then? The secret is to be happy with your color and move on. You'll always see another car with the other color you didn't choose and think 'that looks awesome, why didn't I get that?'. Just human nature I guess.

the white looks too... stark. it is probably "brighter" from far away, but up close it says more "economy car" than "luxury car".

BTW - i grew up on dirt roads, and contrary to popular opinion, white cars hide dirt BETTER than dark-color or black cars. shocking but true.

Here in Germany, every major carmaker charges (and some quite dearly) for metallic or special colours, from Asian to European to American. Tesla being no exception.
Of course they do it to maximize profits, offering cars with sometimes only one (!) free standard colour (which is often a dreadful or boring white, red or black).

I was with my wife the other day and I showed her a pearl white car (non model S but late model car). I said was leaning toward the pearl white for my Model S and she said its a woman's color. :cursing: Thoughts?

The pearl white is a great looking color and is ordered by men and women. If you like it, it looks amazing on the Model S.

I was with my wife the other day and I showed her a pearl white car (non model S but late model car). I said was leaning toward the pearl white for my Model S and she said its a woman's color. :cursing: Thoughts?

Maybe she was worried that if you get a pearl white Model S, you might simply turn out to be irresistible, and that something as described in this thread would ensue:

Make up removal | Forums | Tesla Motors

:rolleyes:

And some additional info here:

LOL Funny Post on Tesla Motors Forum

Last edited: