Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pearl White Exterior Model X Photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First picture. More later. $160 for all 4 wheels. Really pleased with the look.

e99c789454e2c9328d8568a2767bd0db.png
Bam! Yup, blacking out those wheels makes them look way better! Thanks for sharing!

First picture. More later. $160 for all 4 wheels. Really pleased with the look.

e99c789454e2c9328d8568a2767bd0db.png

Wow, just wow. I never thought I'd say this, because I always thought of the Model X as less attractive than the Model S, but in this pic, with the modifications you had done to it, your car looks just awesome. Almost spaceship like.

Congrats on your beautiful vehicle, and happy driving!

Congratulations on your beautiful X. I have some questions if you don't mind.

How did you plastidip the wheels?
Did you have it done somewhere or did you do it yourself?
Is it removable?
Does it chip, wear away?
Why'd you go for 20" wheels instead of 22s, considering they were no cheaper on the sigs? Was it for towing? comfort/ride?

The blacked out wheels look amazing with the white car.

Congratulations on your beautiful X. I have some questions if you don't mind.

How did you plastidip the wheels?
Did you have it done somewhere or did you do it yourself?
Is it removable?
Does it chip, wear away?
Why'd you go for 20" wheels instead of 22s, considering they were no cheaper on the sigs? Was it for towing? comfort/ride?

The blacked out wheels look amazing with the white car.
I'll answer some of these if that's OK.

I don't know how Brett had his wheels done but there are numerous methods for Plastidipping wheels. Youtube is full of "How to" videos. This is one I've found that shows a few different methods with the wheels off the car...

DIY: PlastiDipping Wheels 4 Different Ways - YouTube

Yes, it's removable. It's basically a spray on rubber coating. It seems like its actually pretty easy to peel off when you want to but is actually pretty durable too.

Plasti Dip Rims Durability Myth - Peel Off Plasti Dip - Lug Nut Test - 1 Year Later - YouTube

Which also means it can chip. It's definitely NOT as durable as a proper powder coating.

Brett - Would you mind posting a closeup of the rear quarter panel and the rear bumper. I am trying to figure out of the color difference on my car (last pic in #12) is an anomaly or more Pearl Whites have it.

The color difference in the bumper and rear quarter is very common with white pearl and white. Paint reacts differently to the plastic bumper which causes color difference and bumpers are painted off the car which if not painted at the same angle can cause variation too.
Stop at Lexus or Mercedes dealership and you will see minor differences with their white pearls too. My folks bought new ML last year in white pearl and I took it back to the dealership thinking it had been damaged in transit because the bumpers were slightly different. I looked at 4 other ML's on the lot and all had the same difference.

The color difference in the bumper and rear quarter is very common with white pearl and white. Paint reacts differently to the plastic bumper which causes color difference and bumpers are painted off the car which if not painted at the same angle can cause variation too.
Stop at Lexus or Mercedes dealership and you will see minor differences with their white pearls too. My folks bought new ML last year in white pearl and I took it back to the dealership thinking it had been damaged in transit because the bumpers were slightly different. I looked at 4 other ML's on the lot and all had the same difference.

Yeah that was the service center's explanation at delivery, but looking it at Brett's images above his bumper matches much better than mine. No update yet from Tesla.

Mine:

F55.JPG

Brett's:

Other Pearl White.jpg

Last edited:
Flew from Toronto to New Jersey for a few hours last Saturday for the sole purpose of checking out the Model X's on the lot (they had lots!) and got a few pics of each colour!

In Order: Pearl White on Tan, Solid White on White, Pearl White on Black
VqICT23.jpg

White with Tan Seats
0MFy3v7.jpg

White with Black Seats
84L2UpB.jpg

14eGUgh.jpg

Eyau0dp.jpg

Brett - Would you mind posting a closeup of the rear quarter panel and the rear bumper. I am trying to figure out of the color difference on my car (last pic in #12) is an anomaly or more Pearl Whites have it.

I am now waiting on my 3rd Model X because of paint issues. Take that car back and complain, Tesla knows they have an issue with the Pearl White paint both on the body and on the plastics. Get it fixed right, and not by a 3rd party paint shop.

This is not true......there should be no difference go look at the other colors on body and plastics. Tesla knows it has an issue with the Pearl white paint.

i ordered the regular white... i can't really tell the difference between the regular white and pearl white, but have yet to see them side by side in person... in my opinion, the pictures look the same between the two, but i'm probably just trying to justify my cheaper decision.

brett - black plastidip wheels looks great... can you share where you got them done in LA? $160 is a deal!

The pearl white looks more yellowish in my opinion. Like a cream white. The normal white is as white as well, white. The pearl is more of a luxury color but I don't think it looks good. I'd spend my money on other options.