TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Pearl White or Multi Red?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by anticitizen13.7, Sep 3, 2013.

1. anticitizen13.7

anticitizen13.7 Enemy of the Status Quo

Of the two pricier paint options, which would you choose and why?

Pearl White is stunning, especially when paired with grey turbine wheels. I haven't seen the Multi Red in person though.

2. Mr X

Mr X Future Owner

Multi Coat Red is gorgeous and a complete head turner, causes one to begin drooling, truly pinnacle. And Pearl White is stunning 24/7, but compared to the red it kind of looks a bit daft.

So my choice hands down would be the Multi Coat Red. The Model S stands out regardless but i would want it to undoubtedly stand out from every other car on the road... and red is my favorite color.

3. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

It would be very difficult to choice between Pearl White and Multi Red, expecially after having seen the Model S in both colours.

4. caddieo

caddieo Member

What I would choose is a reflection of my tastes, subjective rankings, priorities, and ownership goals, etc. and not an objective differentiation between colors. Go with your gut and innermost feelings about what you want the color to accomplish.

5. joefee

joefee Over 2 Million TMC page views

I had the same issue .... went with pearl white w/ cf trim & gray 21's! Go with the color that moves you the most or flip a coin.

6. texex91

texex91 Banned

Wow, two completely diff colors.

Color is SOOOOO personal, only you can decide this one.

I'd go black to be safe :smile:

7. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Exactly. For me, I loved the Signature Red but just didn't care at all for the Multi Coat Red. I'm actually not a big fan of the whites either, but between plain white and Pearl Coat, I'd go for the latter.

8. ToddRLockwood

ToddRLockwood Active Member

Exactly! I was going to go with black, but I eventually decided it was too formal (although it is very handsome). Pearl white projects exactly the right image for me. In a way, this choice is like a suit of clothes. It should be a realistic projection of your personality. Otherwise, it might come off looking a bit silly (i.e. midlife crisis).

9. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

Definitely a matter of personal taste. For reference, I don't like red generally. I always get blue cars. I'm gonna trade when (if) the AWD MS comes out. I find the multi-coat Red to be stunning. Strangely compelling. I'm actually considering getting it when I trade. It's a home run just like the car.

10. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

When I was at TESLIVE, my wife saw some whites on the road and couldn't stop talking about how much she liked that color on the car.

I've often found that certain colors seem to go better with certain cars, at least to my eye. Years ago, I bought an Eagle Vision TSi (loved that car) and the showroom model was white. I thought it looked horrible and I bought black. On the other hand, around the same time, my mother bought a K-Car LeBaron which to my eye looks great in Pearl White (her color) and horrible in black. (and before you laugh too hard at a K-car with a landau roof and digital dash, she still drives that '87 Lebaron today and it is rust free and has only needed tires and brakes.)

11. lloyds

lloyds Member

PW - I'm biased though. :)

12. JPP

JPP Active Member

Red S.jpg

...I am really glad I went for the red..I get numerous comments about the color...would not trade it for the pearl (though a friend has one and it is handsome).

13. Dwdnjck

Dwdnjck Member

I have been to a couple of events where passers by or attendees will take their pictures in front of a car. Red wins by a landslide in these situations. You can determine if that is good or bad.

14. liuping

liuping Active Member

I like the red a little more than the Pearl, but I'm a afraid it will draw a little too much unwanted attention.

If the signature red was still available, I'd probably risk the extra tickets. I absolutely love that color...

15. JohnQ

JohnQ Active Member

*knocking on wood* I've passed quite a few police on the side of the road while doing 80mph in 60/65 mph zones in my red. Haven't been pulled over yet ... anecdotal, sure, but do some Googles on ticketing rates based on car color and there is really no correlation.

16. anticitizen13.7

anticitizen13.7 Enemy of the Status Quo

That's my thought as well.

Sig red seems a bit safer to me as far as traffic tickets are concerned, because its a deep red and not flashy in the way of multi red. Every time I see a pic of the multi red though I want that color!