Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pearl White Paint Match for Bumper

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I need to have a bumper painted in pearl white. I'm worried it won't match the hood/fenders. The shop said they will use the paint code and match it but also said that pearl white usually always looks somewhat off if its not factory.

Anyone have experience with this?

No first hand experience but pearls are hard to colour match. Normally they would blend the adjoining panels so that the repaint looks better / is not noticeable.

I just had a dent PDR’d instead of fixing the panel on my truck (that also has white pearl) to avoid blending to the other panels.

So after doing this:
10EA9962-5531-4A55-A5D2-13EECA9233CD.jpeg

By scrapping it on the of the garage I had to get the front bumper replaced.

Here it is after repair by the Tesla Service Center:
F3BF103E-7EBB-4F1D-8DBC-94A82BE1D2E0.jpeg

It might be colored slightly differently but to be frank I normally can’t tell and neither has anyone else said anything.

I have a 2019 Peal White and I ordered the touch up kit from Tesla. It did not match and was too dark. I had to let the touch up kit settle for a few hours, got some ultra white touch up from the auto parts store. Applied a coat of the white, let it dry then i saw the iridescent pearl on top of the Tesla touch up kit and barely touched the white spots. It’s not 100% but it’s 90% and you have to look close to see the spots

I had some rock dings on my bumper and applied the touch up kit from Tesla. Well, the kit sucks and the color is way off. It doesn't even match and seeing the bumper is plastic, it's even harder to make the touch up paint dry correct. My paint was too light and no amount of application covered up the dings.

So after doing this:
View attachment 673325
By scrapping it on the of the garage I had to get the front bumper replaced.

Here it is after repair by the Tesla Service Center:
View attachment 673326
It might be colored slightly differently but to be frank I normally can’t tell and neither has anyone else said anything.
How much did it cost you to replace front bumper by Tesla SA?

~$1750. Expensive lesson but less than it could have been. Took them 8 days but they were delayed two days due to power outages from storms. (yay Texas)

There's a lot of hardware integrated to the bumper so you end up getting new fog lights and I think sensors. So it's not just the bumper, then they have to paint it.

Reactions: schlacterdream