Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pearl White Paint match PPSW FOUND!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

geordi

Mr Fusion V.1
Jun 14, 2022
Connecticut
Short and to the point: Dupli-Color 070 Toyota White Pearl vehicle touch up DOES seem to match the PPSW paint code.

Will it match for large repairs versus a rock chip or the like? Maybe not. But for my 2014 Pearl White Model S, it matches more than good enough, and once dried is invisible where the touch-up was applied. The color is very VERY good at matching.

Short and to the point: Dupli-Color 070 Toyota White Pearl vehicle touch up DOES seem to match the PPSW paint code.

Will it match for large repairs versus a rock chip or the like? Maybe not. But for my 2014 Pearl White Model S, it matches more than good enough, and once dried is invisible where the touch-up was applied. The color is very VERY good at matching.
Can I learn from your experiences whether the comments for this product from AutoZone is true?

People stated that the the paint is too clear/thin.

The chip on my car exposed the black prime, I am thinking whether Dupli-Color 070 would cover the black prime.

Primer under my paint was grey or raw aluminum colored... For the people who say the touch-up was too thin, I wonder if they shook the container? It has mixing balls in it (like a spray can does) and you have to shake it up a LOT to get the paint mixed up properly. It should come out like nail enamel if you are using the brush end. The pinpoint pen end, it will put out a little drop when you press the tip.

Reactions: 2101Guy
TexSam seemed disagree with the Toyota paint in this thread PPSW touch-up paint - is there a better source than Tesla for a more accurate match?.

I am thinking whether if is because PPSW has various formula based on year/Model/factory. Could you share the year, model, factory of your car? Thanks!
I just posted an answer to my first post on the other thread along with a picture. I'm a little baffled on the apparent opions unless it's due to two different brands of touch up paint. This was Dupl-color brand. This was a drop under the rear trunk lid.

Just wanted to clarify, I dont think the color is anywhere close.
20230104_105429.jpg

So, has anyone found a better color match for the pearl white?? Could the Toyota Factory touch up paint be a better match than the DupliColor after market version? I’ve usually had good luck with DuplColor in the past but its not even close from my experience in this case. I believe my color code is PPSW (2022 MYLR) are there other variations of pearl white?

Last edited: