Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pearl white scratch kit recommendation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wife’s 2020 Model X Pearl White was found to have a 2cm linear deep scratch on the hood (see pics).

any recommendations on paint/buff kits to fix this at home?

I heard that the Tesla pearl white kit is not good and makes it look silver.

Has anyone used TouchUpDirect kits?

any other recommendations? Thanks. A10F6A5C-0EDC-4F15-9788-13D440172F55.jpeg 4363754C-4ABD-4C27-900A-68ABE6191930.jpeg

Wife’s 2020 Model X Pearl White was found to have a 2cm linear deep scratch on the hood (see pics).

any recommendations on paint/buff kits to fix this at home?

I heard that the Tesla pearl white kit is not good and makes it look silver.

Has anyone used TouchUpDirect kits?

any other recommendations? Thanks. View attachment 576741 View attachment 576742
I can officially back up your "makes it look silver" statement. I bought the kit from Tesla and I regretted filling in the chip on my FWD. It's more noticeable now than it was before. Maybe I did something wrong, but I don't think I did, honestly.

X2 on the Tesla kit being a poor match. If I was you, I’d go to an auto parts store and try another manufacturer’s pearl white touch up paint. Another option could be to ask any local car dealer if their detail guy can touch it up. All of the dealers have someone that comes by to touch up minor stuff on the used cars they take in trade. They’ll custom blend the color with an airbrush and you’d probably never notice it. Much cheaper than a body shop