Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pearl White Touch Up Paint Experiences?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All,

Was approaching an exit today off the highway and ended up running over a stick that shot up and hit the side of the car in two different spots :(.

I know it's inevitable and *sugar* happens but it really sucks getting your first significant scratch like this. Luckily I bought the pearl white touch up paint a few weeks ago and watched a few vids/followed the directions but it seems that the pearl white paint seems much darker against the rest of the body.

I was wondering if anyone has had experience using tesla's pearl white touch up paint and if they could provide any tips on utilizing it better. It almost seems 'grey'ish rather than pearl white but I'm not sure if it's because I need to let it dry more and maybe it will lighten up (and multiple sessions of reapplying).

thanks!

Before, cleaned
IMG_20190905_183157.jpg
smaller ding
IMG_20190905_183202.jpg
after 1 coat
IMG_20190905_191006.jpg
is this something the service center could help with?

Last edited:
here's a good resource:
Directions for How To Apply Touch Up Paint - PaintScratch.com

unfortunately touch-up paint is always a crapshoot and pearlescent and metallic paints will be difficult at best to match. there are a couple different methods for touching up, but the #1 rule is to always be patient and try not to apply too much at a time (don't try to fill a hole).

Thanks, I'll check that resource out....I may have tried to apply too much so will attempt again with thinner/multiple layers