Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pearl White vs Deep Blue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All

Just confirmed my reservation for a 70D with Pearl White, but just saw a Deep Blue. Anyone have pictures of the deep blue in different lighting? Have one more day to change the color and looking for pics.

Thanks again!

Go for the blue. I almost got silver but went with blue and everyone who has seen it says something like "I love the color."

Pics here
Model S Photo Gallery

Here are some of mine

20160403_122144_HDR.jpg
20160403_130055_HDR.jpg

Reactions: SΞXY P100D
Hello All

Just confirmed my reservation for a 70D with Pearl White, but just saw a Deep Blue. Anyone have pictures of the deep blue in different lighting? Have one more day to change the color and looking for pics.

when deciding on my 70D, my final 2 colour choices were down to the same, Pearl White vs Deep Blue Metallic.
The Pearl White is beautiful, but my biased vote would go with Deep Blue :)

In the end I went with the blue, my original 1st choice, mainly because there are just soooo many white cars of every brand on the streets, at least around here. Blue seemed less common and just different. (actually, I think worldwide white, silver and black seem to always be the most popular colours for cars)

Same as @brucet999 said earlier in this thread, people that stop to talk to me about the car always say they love the colour.

here are a couple delivery day photos. the blue colour does look different in various light. my pics are perhaps with a little softer lighting than some of the sunny pics upthread.

I've also posted a handful of photos previously elsewhere on TMC - instead of reposting the pics I'll give you links to the various threads below...

DSC07276.JPG
DSC07267.JPG

other photos I've previously posted:

in Model S Delivery Update
Model S Delivery Update

in Photos: Grey Next Gen seats + Carbon Fiber + Black Alcantara + Premium Front Console
Photos: Grey Next Gen seats + Carbon Fiber + Black Alcantara + Premium Front Console

in Model S Nature Pictures
Model S Nature Pictures

Model S Nature Pictures

• Helpful
when deciding on my 70D, my final 2 colour choices were down to the same, Pearl White vs Deep Blue Metallic.
The Pearl White is beautiful, but my biased vote would go with Deep Blue :)

In the end I went with the blue, my original 1st choice, mainly because there are just soooo many white cars of every brand on the streets, at least around here. Blue seemed less common and just different. (actually, I think worldwide white, silver and black seem to always be the most popular colours for cars)

Same as @brucet999 said earlier in this thread, people that stop to talk to me about the car always say they love the colour.

here are a couple delivery day photos. the blue colour does look different in various light. my pics are perhaps with a little softer lighting than some of the sunny pics upthread.

I've also posted a handful of photos previously elsewhere on TMC - instead of reposting the pics I'll give you links to the various threads below...

View attachment 176096 View attachment 176097

other photos I've previously posted:

in Model S Delivery Update
Model S Delivery Update

in Photos: Grey Next Gen seats + Carbon Fiber + Black Alcantara + Premium Front Console
Photos: Grey Next Gen seats + Carbon Fiber + Black Alcantara + Premium Front Console

in Model S Nature Pictures
Model S Nature Pictures

Model S Nature Pictures

Thanks for the pictures! I am taking delivery of a deep blue Model X next week, your pictures make me very happy about my decision.

my car is less than 6months old so I can't speak for long term, but anyhow fwiw my grey seats still look brand new. I wear jeans and no colour transfer at all (I've heard some people say that's a problem with light-coloured leather seats). I feel like they'll be fine over the years.

Thanks for the pictures! I am taking delivery of a deep blue Model X next week, your pictures make me very happy about my decision.
you're most welcome, I'm sure you'll be happy with the choice! when I was deciding on my car, it seemed hard to find good photos of the then-relatively-new deep blue, so I'm glad my photos can be helpful to anyone.

I'll bet the X looks awesome in deep blue - though I've only seen a Sig Red X so far myself. be sure to post some pics of your blue X when you get it

Hi! I've worked on over 900 MS if you go look through the pics on my Facebook page you can see every which color there is, in all kinds of lighting!

And here is a few pics!
DSC_0759_zpskyjdp3k9.jpg

DSC_0783_zpslojxxbbx.jpg

9C2D66B2-B169-4809-9C70-8F95A7142FB2_zps8vezusyo.jpg

EF5C15D9-FF2C-443D-965E-F1CE9719531D_zps9wyra2gy.jpg

Theres a few examples. All these cars had full paint corrections and either Opti Coat or Cquartz Finest. Hope this helps!

Hi! I've worked on over 900 MS if you go look through the pics on my Facebook page you can see every which color there is, in all kinds of lighting!

Theres a few examples. All these cars had full paint corrections and either Opti Coat or Cquartz Finest. Hope this helps!

Do you know of a good detailer in the Portland, OR metro area that does Opti Coat and has experience with Model S? Those pics look great.