TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Pearl White vs Deep Blue

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Pokeme, May 10, 2016.

1. Pokeme

Pokeme Member

Hello All

Just confirmed my reservation for a 70D with Pearl White, but just saw a Deep Blue. Anyone have pictures of the deep blue in different lighting? Have one more day to change the color and looking for pics.

Thanks again!

• Helpful x 1
  2. brucet999

brucet999 Active Member

Go for the blue. I almost got silver but went with blue and everyone who has seen it says something like "I love the color."

Pics here
    Model S Photo Gallery

3. Sm4llz

Sm4llz Member

Here are some of mine

20160403_122144_HDR.jpg 20160403_130055_HDR.jpg

• Like x 1
  4. Pokeme

Pokeme Member

One more thing, I tend to wash my cars once every quarter in California (two kids...no time). Is the blue hard to keep clean?

• Helpful x 1
  5. Sm4llz

Sm4llz Member

A few more
    20160501_185723_HDR.jpg 20160403_122111_HDR.jpg

• Like x 1
  6. Sm4llz

Sm4llz Member

I had opticoat put on mine so it's easy to clean. I'm in Colorado and we had snow last week so I'm not really sure how hard it will be to keep clean until the weather stays nice for a period of time.

7. f-stop

f-stop Member

when deciding on my 70D, my final 2 colour choices were down to the same, Pearl White vs Deep Blue Metallic.
    The Pearl White is beautiful, but my biased vote would go with Deep Blue :)

In the end I went with the blue, my original 1st choice, mainly because there are just soooo many white cars of every brand on the streets, at least around here. Blue seemed less common and just different. (actually, I think worldwide white, silver and black seem to always be the most popular colours for cars)

Same as @brucet999 said earlier in this thread, people that stop to talk to me about the car always say they love the colour.

here are a couple delivery day photos. the blue colour does look different in various light. my pics are perhaps with a little softer lighting than some of the sunny pics upthread.

I've also posted a handful of photos previously elsewhere on TMC - instead of reposting the pics I'll give you links to the various threads below...

DSC07276.JPG DSC07267.JPG

other photos I've previously posted:

in Model S Delivery Update
    Model S Delivery Update

in Photos: Grey Next Gen seats + Carbon Fiber + Black Alcantara + Premium Front Console
    Photos: Grey Next Gen seats + Carbon Fiber + Black Alcantara + Premium Front Console

in Model S Nature Pictures
    Model S Nature Pictures

Model S Nature Pictures

• Helpful x 1
  8. Pokeme

Pokeme Member

Looks great. I think I've convinced to go with the Blue with Grey Interior.

How is the grey interior holding up to wear and tear? I had grey seats in another car and after 1-year, it looked pretty worn at 22k miles.

9. EV-lutioin

EV-lutioin Member

Thanks for the pictures! I am taking delivery of a deep blue Model X next week, your pictures make me very happy about my decision.

10. f-stop

f-stop Member

my car is less than 6months old so I can't speak for long term, but anyhow fwiw my grey seats still look brand new. I wear jeans and no colour transfer at all (I've heard some people say that's a problem with light-coloured leather seats). I feel like they'll be fine over the years.

11. f-stop

f-stop Member

you're most welcome, I'm sure you'll be happy with the choice! when I was deciding on my car, it seemed hard to find good photos of the then-relatively-new deep blue, so I'm glad my photos can be helpful to anyone.

I'll bet the X looks awesome in deep blue - though I've only seen a Sig Red X so far myself. be sure to post some pics of your blue X when you get it

12. martin90

martin90 Member

13. Sm4llz

Sm4llz Member

Thanks. I had a shop in Colorado Springs wrap them in vinyl. It's held up very well and reduced all the fingerprints. I'm not overly OCD but hated those smudges.

14. Piney999

Piney999 Member

What did you pay for the opticoat? Did it change the look of the car at all?

15. Joseph Torbati

Joseph Torbati Local Vendor - NorCal

Hi! I've worked on over 900 MS if you go look through the pics on my Facebook page you can see every which color there is, in all kinds of lighting!

And here is a few pics!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Theres a few examples. All these cars had full paint corrections and either Opti Coat or Cquartz Finest. Hope this helps!

• Like x 1
  16. dpodoll

dpodoll Member

Beware Pearl White is faster

• Like x 1
  17. jmsurpri

jmsurpri Member

Do you know of a good detailer in the Portland, OR metro area that does Opti Coat and has experience with Model S? Those pics look great.

18. Camera-Cruiser

Camera-Cruiser Fully Charged

Black & Blue: All black interior (headliner too), no pano, springs (no air suspension), a blue exterior, black wheels would float my boat.

19. Pokeme

Pokeme Member

Anyone know the cost for an Opti Coat?

20. Sm4llz

Sm4llz Member

I had clear bra put on at the service time so the cost gets skewed a bit. I think i paid around $1500 for paint correction, clear bra (full bumper, 3/4 hood/fenders, mirrors etc), opticoat, and optiglass.