Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pearl White vs. White

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you find the Xpel dulls the depth of the world pearl white? I'm also concerned of the Xpel yellowing over time. I have a full Xpel wrap on the front of my old white Benz and it yellowed noticeably over the last 3-4 years. On our black Lexus, the front wrap is completely invisible. To be fair, I really don't take care of the Xpel. Just regular drive thru touchless car washes every once in a while.

I believe XPel Ultimate is guaranteed for 8 (or is it 10) years. If it yellows before then they will replace it.

Do you find the Xpel dulls the depth of the world pearl white? I'm also concerned of the Xpel yellowing over time. I have a full Xpel wrap on the front of my old white Benz and it yellowed noticeably over the last 3-4 years. On our black Lexus, the front wrap is completely invisible. To be fair, I really don't take care of the Xpel. Just regular drive thru touchless car washes every once in a while.

What causes yellowing is petroleum distillates. So no wax, only sealant and quick shines designed for paint armour.

Xpel has a product specifically for its film called XPel Protection Film Sealant which is supposed to prevent discoloration. Apparently it will also work for other brands of film wrapping.

Both are beautiful as long as they are clean. :wink: And yes, it's personal preference. Here's my pearl white in different angles.

As soon as the sun hits the car, it brings out the beauty of the pearl!
20141221_171843.jpg

20141222_140952.jpg

On a normal light, it's just as beautiful!
20141220_214237.jpg

Reactions: hybridbear
I'm trying to make this decision as we speak. Today I was wandering the lot of my local SC in sub-freezing temps, looking for cars to compare. I don't know if it was the light or what, but the pearl hardly looked pearlescent at all. At first I thought all the whites were just plain refrigerator white. Has anyone noticed this on 2017 Pearl Whites? Before I got there, I was pretty sure I'd get Pearl, but now I'm not so sure.

I'm trying to make this decision as we speak. Today I was wandering the lot of my local SC in sub-freezing temps, looking for cars to compare. I don't know if it was the light or what, but the pearl hardly looked pearlescent at all. At first I thought all the whites were just plain refrigerator white. Has anyone noticed this on 2017 Pearl Whites? Before I got there, I was pretty sure I'd get Pearl, but now I'm not so sure.

Well, I was just on the configurator and noticed that there is no longer a plain white option. Pearl it is. I'm still wondering if it's as pearlescent as previous years, or if I just had weird lighting.