TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Pearl White Xpel Stealth and Chrome Delete

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Halcyon, Jun 3, 2017.

1. ckwong

ckwong Member

Thanks Zack, I got it done at Signature Detailing by Greg

2. UG2BKdnMe

UG2BKdnMe Member

Was Xpel Stealth more expensive than Ultimate?

3. ckwong

ckwong Member

I did not compare prices as I know I wanted Stealth but one installer did tell me Stealth cost more in material and more involved when installing but I thought the process of installation for both is the same.

4. rjdoc74

rjdoc74 Member

My shop didn't charge any extra for Stealth. It took a little longer to get the material since Xpel is so backed up with Xpel orders.

5. ckwong

ckwong Member

My installer had to order the materials ahead of time as he knew Xpel was a little backed up on Stealth. I don't think mine charged extra but one of the 3 quotes I received said Stealth cost more in materials and more work to install it. This same installer is located in PA and was recommended by another TMC member and had their MX Fully wrapped with Xpel Ultimate last year and cost a little less then $5K due to the installers location he couldn't charge more. So I contacted him and his quote was close to $7K due to the reasons mention earlier. So definitely shop around!

• Like x 1
  6. rjdoc74

rjdoc74 Member

Absolutely. Some installers significantly up charge for no other reason than increasing their bottom line. I would recommend getting 3-5 quotes. And don't fall for "we charge more because our work quality is better". This is not rocket science. As long as you do your due diligence on the shop, see their previous work, etc you should expect a good quality product no matter what is agreed upon price.

• Like x 1
  7. Halcyon

Halcyon Member

Stealth is more expensive than ultimate.

8. rainforest

rainforest Member

I want to wrap my white model 3 in stealth. How much more does it cost than gloss, and are there any disadvantages in terms of maintenance and difficult of installation? The only thing I could think of is that if I damage a panel one day, it needs to remain unwrapped for a month until the paint dries, and would look odd during that time with the rest of the car having a matte finish. As well, if I damage a panel one or two years prior to trading in, I have the option of not wrapping it again if I use gloss. With stealth, you have to or else it will look weird when you sell the car.

Comments?

9. Envious Eric

Envious Eric Former Vendor

stealth is more expensive in material costs
    Install HAS to be custom, kits will not cut it. This means the install will take longer.

Charging more for stealth is not just a profit grab.

10. rainforest

rainforest Member

Why will the kit not cut stealth? For gloss, the kits have worked very well for my other cars.