Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pedal covers: once good, now separating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Circa January, about 5 months ago (with very little driving due to COVID), I put on some aftermarket pedal covers: brake and accelerator. Cheap but looked fine. Rubber with the aluminum grill-like covering. I believe these:

https://www.amazon.com/TOPlight-Performance-Anti-Slip-Accelerator-Replacement/dp/B07KJX4J3M

Well now on the brake pedal, the aluminum is separating from the rubber, no doubt due to aging, temperate changes and the frequent pressing of the brake pedal (despite regen braking). Anyone else have this problem? I plan to try to glue it back but clearly these things are not going to last long. Is there a much better (yet reasonable) brand/make?

Oops. I didn’t realize mine are the exact same ones the OP bought. Perhaps the OP just got unlucky with a bad set. Knock on wood, but I wouldn’t be surprised if my pedal covers last for the life of the vehicle. Very good quality as far as I can tell. But, it’s not like these pedals see a lot of foot pressure/abuse.