Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pedestrian Warning Sound now in X? Wait, what?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It goes away eventually only to surprise me again with its presence every few weeks after an involuntary reboot. They clearly don’t have this under control and perhaps now call this a feature....

I did MCU upgrade 2 weeks ago and I am having the same problem. Sound randomly comes and is inside the vehicle super annoying after a couple of resets it goes away. Let me know if you guys figure how to permanently get rid of it. Seems like it is coming from behind the screen.

Reactions: forkee
I did MCU upgrade 2 weeks ago and I am having the same problem. Sound randomly comes and is inside the vehicle super annoying after a couple of resets it goes away. Let me know if you guys figure how to permanently get rid of it. Seems like it is coming from behind the screen.
Woke up to the same today in our ‘16 MX. MCU2 upgrade maybe 3 months ago, latest software version. Unfortunately a reset did NOT make it go away. It sounds like it’s coming from the dash speakers. So loud as speed increases through 10mph that I’d deem it distracting and dangerous. Like, I’ll sell my car if this isn’t fixed soon distracting and dangerous.

Reactions: forkee
this happened to me on the exact day i was driving home after the infotainment upgrade.

periodically this occurs again; super annoying. anytime Im slowing down at a light its a loud cheering like sound, and the reverse sound as well.

I've had it brought into service like 5x, and they always say they cant reproduce it... and waste my time. Even though I've given many videos and timestamps.

2016MX P90DL AP1.

this happened to me on the exact day i was driving home after the infotainment upgrade.

periodically this occurs again; super annoying. anytime Im slowing down at a light its a loud cheering like sound, and the reverse sound as well.

I've had it brought into service like 5x, and they always say they cant reproduce it... and waste my time. Even though I've given many videos and timestamps.

2016MX P90DL AP1.
I have the same vehicle and almost same experience. Reboot always clears it for me. It started immediately after the MCU2 upgrade. I didn't purchase the radio unit and not sure if that has anything to do with it.