Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pedestrian Warning System louder since 2020.32.3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone else feel like it got louder? I liked it and even thought the forward sound was too faint before. Now I'm afraid I'll annoy my neighbors if I must take my car at night. It's the reverse (spaceship) sound that's too loud now. I hope we can control this to some extent, I don't want to be forced to unplug it... We do need something to alert pedestrians at slow speed or in parking lots...

I wouldn't know - unplugged mine at delivery. PWS isn't going to help much in parking lots. 99% of people wandering around lots aren't paying attention much to vehicles driving. Even in my ICE cars with louder-than-normal exhausts pedestrians still don't see me - or care to acknowledge the car's presence.

I wouldn't know - unplugged mine at delivery. PWS isn't going to help much in parking lots. 99% of people wandering around lots aren't paying attention much to vehicles driving. Even in my ICE cars with louder-than-normal exhausts pedestrians still don't see me - or care to acknowledge the car's presence.
Does anyone else feel like it got louder? I liked it and even thought the forward sound was too faint before. Now I'm afraid I'll annoy my neighbors if I must take my car at night. It's the reverse (spaceship) sound that's too loud now. I hope we can control this to some extent, I don't want to be forced to unplug it... We do need something to alert pedestrians at slow speed or in parking lots...

Yep. Definitely louder. I don’t mind the sound and think it’s a safety feature but holy crap it’s loud backing out of the garage it’s loud now.

Reactions: GtiMart
Thanks for confirming Webeevdrivers. The case where I really need a PWS is going forward in parkings for example, or street corners/lights downtown. The forward sound is louder now but the sound (frequency) itself doesn't attract the attention. It sounds like a gentle fan blowing. They made it louder but I don't think it's great. Unfortunately, that made the reverse sound louder too and it was already present enough. It's a flying saucer like sound, ears pick it up quickly. I don't need it when backing up in my driveway, and even in parking lots people won't bother so it's not that useful.
If I could choose, I would turn it off going in reverse and use a different sound going forward... One can always hope...