Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pedestrian warning system. No sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. My dec 2020 model 3 does not make any sound in forward. Isnt it supposed to make some sound to warn pedestrians? I hear a sound in reverse, not very loud but its there. I notice in parking lots pedestrians do not seem to know i am behind them.
Any observations would be appreciated. I dont really care, but it is curious, and yes.. Radio is off so... I assume i should hear something in the car.

Stampee

I don't hear the forward sound from the driver seat either. I do hear the reverse space ship all too well.

However, if I put in a boombox sound for the "driving sound" I can hear that. For example, I put on coconuts and am stopped at a traffic light, I can hear it then.

Reactions: TBrownTX
Thanks all. At a walking speed in big parking lots, i hear nothing, and neither do the pedestrians until i beep the horn. Oh well. Its teslas issue to worry about, not mine. On the other hand i sure do not want some annoying sound musk is known to give us.
Stampee