Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pedestrian Warning System (PWS) - On / Off Switch

DanDi58

Jun 22, 2020
Dayton NJ
The place I hear the forward sound the best is inside my garage... If there's a lot of noise outside you might not hear it...
Well, I'm currently driveway-bound until I get rid of an unstarted project car. But isn't the whole point that it SHOULD be audible outside, so a pedestrian can actually hear you coming?

GtiMart

Nov 13, 2019
Quebec City, Canada
Yes it should be audible going forward. You would think that's the main reason for the law. The reverse sound makes sense to some extent on huge trucks, not as much on EVs. There are reverse (white) lights on the back. I could live with a sound but not as loud.

GtiMart

Nov 13, 2019
Quebec City, Canada
I reverse every day, at least once a day, from my garage / driveway. It thus annoys me every day... Sporadic annoyances I might let go, daily annoyances I like to fix. There you go 😀

P3dStealth

Nov 12, 2019
USA
I use boombox everyday... Jk

I used it maybe a week and haven't wanted it since. The reverse sound is too loud if you ask me. It doesn't bother me that much but seems to annoy everyone outside.

I like the duct tape idea.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC