Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pedestrian Warning System

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, relatively new here. I just purchased a 2019 Model 3 (April 2019 build) about 3 weeks ago. I’m looking to add the PWS to my car at some point in the near future and I’ve already found all the information I need in order to do this (the prewiring exists in the RF kick panel and the plastic underbody cover is perforated on the RF to support the speaker). My question is: where are you guys finding the 1299965-00-A so cheaply? I’ve seen different members claim to have bought them for $45 while I’m continually seeing them for $200. Is there a good source for these speakers?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Hey guys, relatively new here. I just purchased a 2019 Model 3 (April 2019 build) about 3 weeks ago. I’m looking to add the PWS to my car at some point in the near future and I’ve already found all the information I need in order to do this (the prewiring exists in the RF kick panel and the plastic underbody cover is perforated on the RF to support the speaker). My question is: where are you guys finding the 1299965-00-A so cheaply? I’ve seen different members claim to have bought them for $45 while I’m continually seeing them for $200. Is there a good source for these speakers?

Thanks in advance!
You can order them directly from Tesla for the $45 price. At least that's what we did in 2020 when we added it to our early Model Y.

Thanks in advance!
You can order them directly from Tesla for the $45 price. At least that's what we did in 2020 when we added it to our early Model Y.

Reactions: k3rn3lkill3r
Upvote 0
Solution
Interesting, why?
Bad eye sight?
Horn is broken?
Some folks think it's reasonable to have one? I actually like the reversing noise because let's be honest, the rear visibility from the driver's seat is terrible. The "white noise" of the PWS when moving forward I have only ever been able to hear when it's reflected back to me, so I'm always surprised when people talk about how annoying it is.

Upvote 0