Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Peel Here stickers on Gemini wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to admit I’ve been a bit lazy lately but I finally got around to taking off my Aero covers and putting on some lug covers and center caps this weekend. I found that each wheel had a small yellow “Peel Here” sticker on the rim of each wheel. Picture attached. Does anyone know what the sticker is referring to? At first I thought there might be some sort of protection film on the wheel but I didn’t see any, so I’m a bit confused. Did I miss something here? I did inspect each wheel when I took delivery but I must have forgot about these stickers. Is this a little Elon joke?
2B143C31-D825-4435-99D9-938E7D433C57.jpeg

Reactions: Berkshire1
That is what I'm trying to find out. I can't see anything that would indicate that unless as part of the make ready the wrap was removed but why leave the sticker?

Could the stickers perhaps mark the heaviest point on the wheel or conversely, the lightest? That might assist in wheel balancing but is only a guess on my part.

I believe the wheels are wrapped for transport and then the covers are put on at the delivery center. I know I've seen a picture somewhere of the MY in transport like this but cannot seem to find it now.

True. I visited my MY before they detailed it and the wheels were bare. I asked them to NOT put the covers on but they did it anyway so I popped them off.