Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Peeling clear coat on carbon fiber wing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A9C1B437-8AD1-4CA9-91DE-4C2925185AB6.jpeg
EDAC3A51-B8BE-4008-BD04-357819C6F3C1.jpeg

Attachments

• 0874A6D8-11DC-4AA3-B557-8EF3E924D43E.jpeg
    0874A6D8-11DC-4AA3-B557-8EF3E924D43E.jpeg
    293 KB · Views: 411
This is the response I got from my SC:

“These spoilers only have clear coat peeling issues that are related to outside influence. It is not a manufacturing defect, therefore it would not be covered [under warranty ].”

I replied that the only outside influence is weather and car washes. The clear coat shouldn’t peel from that. It is therefore a defect in materials or workmanship.

SC: “It is not a defect in the materials or workmanship. The clearcoat only peels from exposure to chemicals, even chemicals used in car washes can be too harsh.“

Me: How are you supposed to wash the car? I’d like to speak to regional service manager.

SC: “There's no documentation put out by Tesla that I know of on how to wash the car, but we only see this happen to trim on cars when the chemicals used in a carwash are too harsh. There isn't any contact information directly for the regional service manager. You would have to talk with one of our store managers first and then they can escalate the issue to the regional manager if they have to.”

Haven’t heard from the manager.

This is the response I got from my SC:

“These spoilers only have clear coat peeling issues that are related to outside influence. It is not a manufacturing defect, therefore it would not be covered [under warranty ].”

I replied that the only outside influence is weather and car washes. The clear coat shouldn’t peel from that. It is therefore a defect in materials or workmanship.

SC: “It is not a defect in the materials or workmanship. The clearcoat only peels from exposure to chemicals, even chemicals used in car washes can be too harsh.“

Me: How are you supposed to wash the car? I’d like to speak to regional service manager.

SC: “There's no documentation put out by Tesla that I know of on how to wash the car, but we only see this happen to trim on cars when the chemicals used in a carwash are too harsh. There isn't any contact information directly for the regional service manager. You would have to talk with one of our store managers first and then they can escalate the issue to the regional manager if they have to.”

Haven’t heard from the manager.
How long is the warranty on an item like this?