TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Peer2Peer (P2P) EV Sharing

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by EvPal, Sep 28, 2014.

1. EvPal

EvPal Member

I'd love to try a Tesla but I do not want to deal with the bureaucracy and complexity of the showroom. After all you only get to go a few blocks from the dealership listening to a sale pitch and being told do thid..do that...turn here...stop here.... Wouldn't it be nice if a Hollywood Tesla owner graciously offered to let me try his or her "baby"? EvPal

2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

There is no such thing as a Tesla dealership. And they do not hit you with a high-pressure sales pitch. (No commissions for them.)

Why don't you set up a test drive, let them know you're not interested in buying right now, and see what happens? You might be pleasantly surprised.

3. EvPal

EvPal Member

Glad to hear that. You learn something every day. I guess they have a showroom and you can get a test drive...but you have to order online?

4. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Try reading the forum or using Google or your favorite search engine. You will find lots of this information.

You can schedule your drive online, in person or over the phone. To order you can do it online or in CA they can help you in the store order it online.

5. bonnie

In California, you can either order online or in the Tesla store (dealerships are independent third parties). The store on Santa Monica Blvd is probably the closest one for you.

6. Lump

Lump Active Member

Store employees are not on commision so no high pressure sales tactics & trying to upwell things you don't need, you place your order in store or from the comfort of your home, its all the same & since everyone pays the same price negotiating & haggling is eliminated.

7. bonnie

Not to mention I think you might have a bit of a problem convincing people to let go of 'their baby' to a complete stranger for a test drive, when all that person had to do was go down the street to the store for a test drive.

Nothing personal, but no. I'm delighted to show off my car, give people rides, etc. But not under the circumstances stated here in the OP. At EV events, yes. Because someone wants to avoid the store? No.

8. EvPal

EvPal Member

I'll be watching for an event where I can interact with owners and ask about their experiences. Thank you for the comments and advices. I am interested in the Model X for next year ...I guess I have time.

9. Lump

Lump Active Member

If you sign up for a test drive event they will alert you of one in your area.
    Model S Test Drive | Tesla Motors

Note that if you reserve a Model X today you probably won't take delivery until next fall

10. EvPal

EvPal Member

Wish I knew. I need it in May 2015 when my current lease expires. What's the alternative?

11. Lump

Lump Active Member

Get the Model S :biggrin:

What does the X have that the S doesn't that is important to you?

12. Kofi

Kofi Member

13. EvPal

EvPal Member

I will know when I try them.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to buy used, lease or own new.

14. Lump

Lump Active Member

Consider reserving a Model X now, this gives you a place in line if that is the route you end up taking, the deposit is refundable so you have nothing to loose but gain lots of flexibility (X deposit can be used for a S purchase)

There are currently 20k reservations without pricing & the car officially being revealed so production for 2015 is pretty much sold out, if you don't have a reservation & the X is a hit with reviewers then who knows maybe mid 2016 before you get your hands on one.

15. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

That covers all options.

16. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

Well, no, there's also "lease used", "inherit", "steal", and probably a few others ;-)

17. EchoDelta

EchoDelta Member

At the Seattle store this week they were giving out free "a day with a Model S" for people that leave a biz card in one of the showroom car frunks. I think if you win they give you a fully charged p85, in exchange for a gazillion signatures, and they pick it up in the evening. Haven't won it myself so can't comment first hand.

18. Kofi

Kofi Member