Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pencils are Down....Frunk/Trunk battery option?

Select which you would be willing to give up for batteries ( Increased travel range ).

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering if anyone would be willing to have an option added to their M3 that isn't currently offered on the MS or MX. I'm not sure if Tesla would have to pick their pencils back up for this one, however here it goes.

Who would be willing to give up their Frunk or Trunk space for additional batteries? ( Increased travel distance ). Maybe another 60 miles of range in each space.

This would probably also mean that charge times might increase. As well as a reduction in 0-60 times.

I would be willing to at least give up my Frunk....since I'm not using the space in my ICE right now and I'm making that work.

That's what I thought.

For more battery:
choose towbar + trailer with some powerwalls and a private supercharger on it
AFAIK the powerwalls aren't designed for high drain operations like the car batteries. Tesla would have to design a product specifically for this use case but Elon mentioned the towable battery thing in his last presentation in France, I believe.

<snip>

What followed was an idea that Elon tossed out, something he hasn’t mentioned before, although others have. “What if you had a trailer with a booster battery that you could use for long distance driving?” he asked. Then he told the audience that he was running on about 1 hour of sleep in the past 48 hours and might not be thinking clearly. But the notion of a tag-along trailer with an auxiliary battery makes a lot of sense for those times when people are driving long distances and really do need more range.

<snip>
Why we won't see a 500 mile Tesla battery anytime soon

I have already accepted the current battery ranges as they are now. For me, the batteries and their ranges will evolve over time and I am OK with that. Today's cars will eventually evolve into ones with longer ranges, and at that time, if it is required, I will transition to one of those. In the mean time, what I have available now is much better than what is on the current market.