Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pennsylvania couple name daughter Tesla.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have never met a person named Tesla

In 2013 Elon was the 449th most popular boys name in the USA. For 2014 YTD it is #261

In Hebrew, it means oak tree or strength.

http://www.babycenter.com/baby-names-elon-506815.htm

BTW I don't see a rank for Tesla.

Tesla is a surname, so no rank for surname on the names list.

Of course that is different now, there is a little girl with that name and there are many many cars with that name. Car name ranks high:wink:

I have hear of people naming their kids "Mercedes".

In this case, a little daughter was first with the name, car was named after the girl.

Mercédès – a Spanish girl’s name meaning ‘grace’ – was the name of the daughter born in 1889 to the Austrian businessman, Emil Jellinek, who had homes in Baden near Vienna and Nice.

At the beginning of April 1900, Jellinek made an agreement with DMG concerning sales of cars and engines and the decision was taken to use the Jellinek’s pseudonym as a product name. In addition, it was agreed that a new engine “bearing the name Daimler-Mercedes” was to be developed.

I have hear of people naming their kids "Mercedes".

Mercedes is a spanish name, my mother's name is Mercedes. The name Mercedes are from the woman Mercedes Adrienne Ramona Manuela Jellinek, here is a picture of her an her bith papel:

mercedes_jellinek_02_464x258_09-2012.jpg
mercedes_jellinek_02_540x493_09-2012.jpg