Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pennsylvania couple name daughter Tesla.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not to sound judgmental, but "Tesla" is far less egregious than many other deliberately-misspelled (either through ignorance or phonetics) names, or seemingly made-up names. I'm not going to get into specific examples for fear of insulting someone, but somewhat of a pet peeve with me. Don't know how many of you are familiar with Malcolm Gladwell's book "Outliers" but there's an interesting chapter on baby names, and how they can influence professional success.

Not to sound judgmental, but "Tesla" is far less egregious than many other deliberately-misspelled (either through ignorance or phonetics) names, or seemingly made-up names. I'm not going to get into specific examples for fear of insulting someone, but somewhat of a pet peeve with me. Don't know how many of you are familiar with Malcolm Gladwell's book "Outliers" but there's an interesting chapter on baby names, and how they can influence professional success.

+1 .. My wife's standard was to only pick a name, if you would to go a doctor with that name.

So Dr. Tesla Smith does sound good.

Better than Dr. Kia Smith, IMO.

Last edited: