Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pennsylvania EV Rebate price cap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ammulder

3,X,FSD Beta
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2019
Philly area
When I look at the PA EV rebate program, it says it applies to cars with a purchase price (including options but not taxes or trade-ins) of $60,000 or less. However the Telsa build-a-model-3 page shows a PA rebate if you configure a Performance with paint or any other upgrades that push it over $60,000. Does anyone know for sure whether the $60,000 cap is real?

If the state rebate information page says it is real then I'd go with that rather than the Tesla page. Most of Tesla's listed incentives do not figure in any caveats or qualifications and are up there just to give you an idea.

Tax doesn't count. From the PDF:

Final Purchase Price – the price a buyer pays the dealer for a new alternative fuel vehicle including all option packages, not including trade-in value. This price does not include taxes or other fees such as destination charge.​

So if I was to get an inventory car with the 2 option discount, technically I would fall a couple of dollars below the $50,000 number after discount, but the base price would be higher at $52,4xx. It should be what I technically pay that would qualify me, not listed price right?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Tesla has disclaimers on the site about rebates being estimates and such. Follow what the rebate program says. That said for a model 3 you can get fully loaded without FSD for under 60k and then add FSD after purchase if you really want it.

The PA state rebate as of April 2021 is now $750 with a final price cap of $50,000.

One thing to note is that the $750 rebate is counted as income and you then pay taxes on it come tax time next year. This was the case when I qualified for $1,000 back in 2018 for my PHEV. It really only ends up being 75% of it after federal/state/local taxes are paid against it. Still better than nothing though.

And in the Philadelphia metro you can get a $50 rebate from PECO electric too. It was very easy to apply for it.