Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pennsylvania EV Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess my ranting to my local state representative regarding this issue re favoring Chevrolet and Nissan and excluding Tesla did not fall on deaf ears. Still not happy that the Model S buyers are totally eliminated.

I called about this too and was pleasantly surprised when they expanded it.
I can see how it would be a tough sell to include a new S, I mean it does start at 75k new.
Although someone buying a used one can get a smaller rebate.

I submitted mine on 10/24 and got rejected on 10/26. The total price of my Red AWD 19 White Interior EAP was $63500 so I was over the $60K limit, but figured I'd try anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That’s surprising considering they removed the cap amount. You should call and check. The application processor’s name is Billly and she was very helpful.

Hmmm. I still see this on the website

• The eligible vehicle final purchase price cap is increased from $50,000 to $60,000 for Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicles and BEVs and PHEVs with a battery capacity equal to or greater than 60 kWh.
Was the $60K cap removed recently? Do you have a link to that change somewhere?

I submitted mine on 10/24 and checked just now...was told my application was processed and the rebate check will arrive in 4-6 weeks.
Where did you apply, if you don’t mind me asking. I’ve been trying to use their online application, but it keeps giving me the error that cars over $50K (not $60K) are not eligible. It’s drivinf crazy! I don’t know if I’m somehow using an old link, but I can’t find a different one.

Yeah I just picked up my performance model 3 which is obviously more then 60k, looks like i'm out of luck I guess unless someone else has suggestions?

I just did on Tuesday as well. Kind of annoyed that through this process I was lead to believe this wouldn't be an issue. I will still push through to try and apply and see where it goes. If you do as well please let me know.

Tax on a rebate??? A rebate is a refund of what you have paid. If Kmart gives you ten dollars back on a 20 dollar item - that is not income.

I'm not sure what kind of rebate it is but if that rebate is tax rebate then - yes.

I guess you haven't paid attention how federal taxes work...

If you income is 100 and you have paid 20 to your state - you only pay taxes on 100-20=80 as you say 'look my income is only 80'. But when state says your taxes are only 10 then your federal income is 90 and you need to pay taxes on those 10 that you have avoided beforehand (100-10=90 and you have only paid taxes on 80 so you still owe taxes on 90-80=10).