Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pennsylvania Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I actually talked to someone at Tesla yesterday!! My first time! I traded a couple emails before and a text or two, but no live person. Then when my Tesla financing rate jumped, I got a PSECU loan and could figure out how to change it. Emailed. Texted. No answer. Finally I called the number on email with a guy's name on it. He answered right away. Sadly he told me that his position at Devon was eliminated. Guess that is why he never answered the emails... Nice I had his personal cell the whole time. Anyway called Devon and finally got someone on the phone to fix the financing. That was easy. Then like every other idiot, I asked, 'so is my car really coming 8/2-13?' She tried as cheerily as possible to say, 'we will know for sure when they issue a vin!' I think it really meant that it is the 500th time today someone asked that same dang question for which EVERYONE knows there is no answer....
Curious, what rate were you able to get? I was planning on doing it through Tesla but I see it's showing 4.24% right now, ugh. It was 2.75 when I started...

Curious, what rate were you able to get? I was planning on doing it through Tesla but I see it's showing 4.24% right now, ugh. It was 2.75 when I started...

I think it was 3.74? It looks like PSECU caught up with Tesla. PSECU called today to check on it and when I would close. I said I wish I knew, but it looks like Ill make the 60 period!

1658855238943.png

I think it was 3.74? It looks like PSECU caught up with Tesla. PSECU called today to check on it and when I would close. I said I wish I knew, but it looks like Ill make the 60 period!

View attachment 832997
That's not bad at all.
Another reason i'm getting frustrated at this long waiting time, the interest rates keep going up.

Also, is it possible to get a better rate than Tesla is advertising with a good credit score?

Last edited:
Reactions: Senpai
Well good news! Tesla answers text messages after you get a VIN.

Bad news, the car is still in CA and has summer tires. I guess I need to start reading up on buying tires and rims since it actually gets cold and snows in PA....

Oh my! Its real!!

Hi, congratulations, it's your turn to schedule your Model Y for delivery.

Select your tentative appointment now at tesla.com/schedule/

Appointment will be tentative pending on-time arrival and inspection of your Model Y. We may reach out to schedule a new appointment if your Model Y arrives earlier or later than we currently expect.

Anyone going to Devon on the 11th?

My order details below. Anyone else in the area with a similar order showing the same EDD? I think my pickup will be in Devon.

Order date 6/24 (SEPA)
MYP blue/white/no tow/no EAP or FSD
EDD1 Aug - Oct
EDD2 Oct 22 - Dec 17
EDD3 Aug 28 - Oct 2
EDD4 Sept 3 - Oct 1

FYI: For those close to the Mechanicsburg PA SC. I did speak to an advisor this past weekend (07/30/2022), he did state that the SC just had their inspection (earlier in the week). he did say it should be another couple of week before they hear something. Inspection was for them to become a Delivery Center.

• Helpful
Reactions: CVChief
My order details below. Anyone else in the area with a similar order showing the same EDD? I think my pickup will be in Devon.

Order date 6/24 (SEPA)
MYP blue/white/no tow/no EAP or FSD
EDD1 Aug - Oct
EDD2 Oct 22 - Dec 17
EDD3 Aug 28 - Oct 2
EDD4 Sept 3 - Oct 1
Check my sig for my roller coaster changes. Just saw today it moved back 1 month.

FYI: For those close to the Mechanicsburg PA SC. I did speak to an advisor this past weekend (07/30/2022), he did state that the SC just had their inspection (earlier in the week). he did say it should be another couple of week before they hear something. Inspection was for them to become a Delivery Center.
That would be soooo nice! That is about 20-25 minutes for me. However I saw when they were saying a "few weeks" back in March this year. I will hope but not expect. :cool:

Probably be the 12th, the day after I have to drive 2.5 hours to Philly instead of 1 hour to Mechanicsburg. And then back too of course....

• Funny
I finally got my MY "inspected" last week after picking up in mid-June. Took all of 10 minutes. Service guy didn't have to do anything, just slap on the sticker, read my odometer, and charge me $43.
Bucks resident picking up in Princeton. I just called an audio tag place and they're not sure how I can get a new plate immediately. Tesla's website says it doesn't issue temporary tags for PA. Does anyone know what the process is?

Bucks resident picking up in Princeton. I just called an audio tag place and they're not sure how I can get a new plate immediately. Tesla's website says it doesn't issue temporary tags for PA. Does anyone know what the process is?
???
Like PA give you a metal permanent tag with a temporary piece of paper until PennDOT get the info done and makes it final. Just the one tag. PA Temp tags are just for people to buy cars in PA and take them to another state.

???
Like PA give you a metal permanent tag with a temporary piece of paper until PennDOT get the info done and makes it final. Just the one tag. PA Temp tags are just for people to buy cars in PA and take them to another state.
So on the Tesla page regarding states and delivery, it says that Tesla cannot give you a temporary PA tag. But that's all it says.

I texted my rep and they said what happens is that I will get one of those paper NJ tags that will be good for 30 days. In the meantime, they mail PENN DOT everything for the registration and i take it from there.

So on the Tesla page regarding states and delivery, it says that Tesla cannot give you a temporary PA tag. But that's all it says.

I texted my rep and they said what happens is that I will get one of those paper NJ tags that will be good for 30 days. In the meantime, they mail PENN DOT everything for the registration and i take it from there.

Sorry, little confused. If you are picking up in Jersey, they would have to give you a paper NJ Temp to bring the car back to PA. They cant issue PennDOT paperwork in another state. And a PA temp is just to cars leaving PA. A NJ temps is the proper thing.

Not sure how it works if you have a loan. If it was just regular car bought out of state, they would give you the existing title from that state and you would return to a tag agent in PA would take that, make your application to Penndot for title, collect the sales tax, and send it off. I think they would give you a metal tag with a temp certificate until the pw is processed. I would think Telsa has a manufacturer's title that gets sent in for the first 'gov issued' title.