Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pennsylvania Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They cant issue PennDOT paperwork in another state. And a PA temp is just to cars leaving PA. A NJ temps is the proper thing.
Right. So it's actually easier for me to take delivery in Jersey. I'll have a legitimate temporary tag that I can use for 30 days until Tesla sends all the info to Penndot. Once that's done, I can get the registration from them, get the car inspected, and go to an auto tags place.

Got my VIN yesterday, MYP. EDD Aug 18-24. Does anyone know what the tire situation is? Is it completely random? Obviously looking to get all season tires, but if the MYP comes with summer can you do any negotiating with Tesla or the service center to get all season?

Got my VIN yesterday, MYP. EDD Aug 18-24. Does anyone know what the tire situation is? Is it completely random? Obviously looking to get all season tires, but if the MYP comes with summer can you do any negotiating with Tesla or the service center to get all season?

That would be nice. I asked about mine we are picking up Thursday and they said it has the summer tires. I guess I will be buying 4 19" wheels with snow tires this fall.

GREAT FINANCE RATES!!!

I just financed our new Tesla through "1st Ed Credit Union" Chambersburg PA. Current rates are 1.75% @ 36mo, 2.00% @ 60 months.

These are GREAT RATES and STILL AVAILABLE. You must meet certain qualifications to become a member and they only service the south Central PA and parts of MD areas.

Google them. I was the 3rd Tesla loan
they processed in the last few weeks.

CALL THEM, you could save yourself a lot of $$$

-stew

Reactions: maggit13 and Senpai
GREAT FINANCE RATES!!!

I just financed our new Tesla through "1st Ed Credit Union" Chambersburg PA. Current rates are 1.75% @ 36mo, 2.00% @ 60 months.

These are GREAT RATES and STILL AVAILABLE. You must meet certain qualifications to become a member and they only service the south Central PA and parts of MD areas.

Google them. I was the 3rd Tesla loan
they processed in the last few weeks.

CALL THEM, you could save yourself a lot of $$$

-stew
That's great to know, thanks for the heads up! I believe you can take out a loan with a CU even if you aren't a member, they will evaluate the application.

If you do finance outside of Tesla, do they consider that as paying cash with the loan disbursement or do you have to put it as third-party financing in the Tesla account?

I had my purchase set as cash until I got a VIN assigned then I confirmed the financing with the CU and then went in and changed my payment from cash to financed with a 3rd party finance.

Tesla portal then asked for who the 3rd party finance co was and I entered the name, 1st ED CU and the rest of the info (address) was automatically filled in. It them asked the finance amount, I filled that in and I was done.

They need this info to correctly list the CU as a lean holder on the vehicle.

On pickup day I showed up with 2 bank (cashier's) checks. One from 1st ED CU and one from my bank for the difference. They were accepted on the spot.

Oh, I had also sent scans of the checks to the pickup center in advance via email. I don't know if this was necessary as I never received a reply to my emails.

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO HAVE YOUR RN# PRINTED ON THE CHECK SO THEY CAN APPLY IT TO THE CORRECT VEHICLE.

Good luck.

-stew

Reactions: maggit13
So I am later reporting in. We picked up the car on the 11th at Devon.

2.5 hours of travel to Devon. like 5 minutes out, the SA calls me that there is a scratch on the driver's door. Being a little dumbfounded, I told him we would be there shortly and take a look.

Overall, there is a little scratch on the center of the driver door. They had tried to buff it out. They said either reject it and wait some number of weeks or take it and I could take it to Mechanicsburg to get fixed. After consideration, we took it. I figured that if we rejected it and waited months, someone would hit us on the way home. Better keep the scratch. And hey, I am not going to put the first scratch on it.

Did a bunch of looking it over in the process. They did a lousy job of removing the interior plastic wrap. Apparently that is a thing and the SA got some pliers and ripped out the rest.

The back driver's side door looked slightly out of kilter. I took lots of looking to be sure is was a little off. I asked and the SA said he could submit is but it was well within tolerances he was sure. I don't even see it now.

My buddy was along was is a Porsche guy and he couldn't find anything else.

The car came with a mobile charger, even though it was not supposed to have on. The SA sold me a Nema 50 to go with it and I cancelled the one I had on order since May 2.

The SA took car of signing me up for the door repair. Awesome. Set it for the next week. Awesome. I later looked at my schedule and moved it up to the 15th. Great I will drop it off, get a loaner. However, the next day, I got a service text in the app. Said they would need to get back to me with a 'real' date when the telsa approved body shop has space. I was like ok. I asked so are you going to change the date for the appointment. So they moved it until the end of August and said they would dial it in. Next day they texted, it looks like October and if there was any time that was bad for me. I said, no. Later they posted the service date of October 31st. So like 2.5 months to get the scratch fixed. And I was working about waiting until early sept for the PPF..... Need to move that appointment.

It came with the P-zeros... They do stick like glue. Since it is summer and all. Guess I will work on finding winter tires.

It DOES NOT appear to have the PPF on the rear fender, but I am thinking of PPFing the whole thing now.

The car is really beautiful. The DBM is an interesting color. It gets a little purplely at times. The white interior sets off the combo.

Other impression on the way home. It seems so open and big and glassy. However it lets a TON of sun it. Driving west in the afternoon was a bit much. I think I am going to tint the front down to the AS1 line. Friend of mine says there is a coating that blocks some of the heat from the sun for the roof.

I found the back camera lines are overly safe. If you want to get close, you run the white lines over stuff....

It is a bear logging into Spotify (free)

Anyway, love the car. Love letting people look it over. I didn't realize kids are all about Teslas.

Next, I am going to order the homelink thing.

1661127458675.png

1661127507228.png

Its hard to see the scratch as the car is so dang shiny.
1661127612318.png

Reactions: Joe Schmoe88
So I am later reporting in. We picked up the car on the 11th at Devon.

2.5 hours of travel to Devon. like 5 minutes out, the SA calls me that there is a scratch on the driver's door. Being a little dumbfounded, I told him we would be there shortly and take a look.

Overall, there is a little scratch on the center of the driver door. They had tried to buff it out. They said either reject it and wait some number of weeks or take it and I could take it to Mechanicsburg to get fixed. After consideration, we took it. I figured that if we rejected it and waited months, someone would hit us on the way home. Better keep the scratch. And hey, I am not going to put the first scratch on it.

Did a bunch of looking it over in the process. They did a lousy job of removing the interior plastic wrap. Apparently that is a thing and the SA got some pliers and ripped out the rest.

The back driver's side door looked slightly out of kilter. I took lots of looking to be sure is was a little off. I asked and the SA said he could submit is but it was well within tolerances he was sure. I don't even see it now.

My buddy was along was is a Porsche guy and he couldn't find anything else.

The car came with a mobile charger, even though it was not supposed to have on. The SA sold me a Nema 50 to go with it and I cancelled the one I had on order since May 2.

The SA took car of signing me up for the door repair. Awesome. Set it for the next week. Awesome. I later looked at my schedule and moved it up to the 15th. Great I will drop it off, get a loaner. However, the next day, I got a service text in the app. Said they would need to get back to me with a 'real' date when the telsa approved body shop has space. I was like ok. I asked so are you going to change the date for the appointment. So they moved it until the end of August and said they would dial it in. Next day they texted, it looks like October and if there was any time that was bad for me. I said, no. Later they posted the service date of October 31st. So like 2.5 months to get the scratch fixed. And I was working about waiting until early sept for the PPF..... Need to move that appointment.

It came with the P-zeros... They do stick like glue. Since it is summer and all. Guess I will work on finding winter tires.

It DOES NOT appear to have the PPF on the rear fender, but I am thinking of PPFing the whole thing now.

The car is really beautiful. The DBM is an interesting color. It gets a little purplely at times. The white interior sets off the combo.

Other impression on the way home. It seems so open and big and glassy. However it lets a TON of sun it. Driving west in the afternoon was a bit much. I think I am going to tint the front down to the AS1 line. Friend of mine says there is a coating that blocks some of the heat from the sun for the roof.

I found the back camera lines are overly safe. If you want to get close, you run the white lines over stuff....

It is a bear logging into Spotify (free)

Anyway, love the car. Love letting people look it over. I didn't realize kids are all about Teslas.

Next, I am going to order the homelink thing.

View attachment 843469

View attachment 843471

Its hard to see the scratch as the car is so dang shiny.
View attachment 843474
Glad it worked out for you. thanks for the update.

Reactions: CVChief
I am pleased to report that after the rollercoaster of dates (in my sig) a VIN was received on 8/29. New EDD 9/14. I called and spoke with an advisor at the Mechanicsburg, PA Tesla location to confirm. He shows it still in Austin in the final phases so he believes that date will hold. However, they are still waiting on state approval for deliveries so it will be pickup in Devon for me.

Just had our delivery day at Devon. Pickup was flawless. In and out would have been less than 30 minutes if I did not let the wife sit in her new car and oooo/ahh over it. Staff was super friendly and helpful!

It is an Austin build with 2 miles on it. Both exterior and interior were free of defects. I was shocked based on what I have read from others. Not a mark, scratch, car was washed and wiped down, tires had shine. Interior had the new car smell and no marks anywhere. Could tell interior was wiped down as well. All windows, sounds, lights, & HVAC worked. Doors shut with appropriate force; paint was mint and not 1 panel gap to be found. Very pleased!!! Good luck everyone!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    490 KB · Views: 41
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    410.5 KB · Views: 37
Just had our delivery day at Devon. Pickup was flawless. In and out would have been less than 30 minutes if I did not let the wife sit in her new car and oooo/ahh over it. Staff was super friendly and helpful!

It is an Austin build with 2 miles on it. Both exterior and interior were free of defects. I was shocked based on what I have read from others. Not a mark, scratch, car was washed and wiped down, tires had shine. Interior had the new car smell and no marks anywhere. Could tell interior was wiped down as well. All windows, sounds, lights, & HVAC worked. Doors shut with appropriate force; paint was mint and not 1 panel gap to be found. Very pleased!!! Good luck everyone!
Congrats! great to hear some local action. did you receive the mobile connector or a voucher?

Last week my EDD shrunk to 2 weeks from 9/20 - 10/4, which starts in 6 days. Getting excited but still haven't gotten a VIN notification yet. I'm hoping it comes soon without the delivery window getting pushed back again. We'll see what happens...

Congrats! great to hear some local action. did you receive the mobile connector or a voucher?

Last week my EDD shrunk to 2 weeks from 9/20 - 10/4, which starts in 6 days. Getting excited but still haven't gotten a VIN notification yet. I'm hoping it comes soon without the delivery window getting pushed back again. We'll see what happens...
Good luck on your delivery. My wife was worried as she never heard anything except a few text messages and maybe 1 phone call. I eased her mind and luckily it all worked out. I am sure it will for others as well.

It did not come with a mobile connector. We actually got an email last week with a voucher/promo code whatever it's called for $200. We plugged that into the Tesla shopping cart for a mobile connector and it arrived 2 days ago (Monday).

Good luck everyone and see you out there!

Reactions: Senpai
Good luck on your delivery. My wife was worried as she never heard anything except a few text messages and maybe 1 phone call. I eased her mind and luckily it all worked out. I am sure it will for others as well.

It did not come with a mobile connector. We actually got an email last week with a voucher/promo code whatever it's called for $200. We plugged that into the Tesla shopping cart for a mobile connector and it arrived 2 days ago (Monday).

Good luck everyone and see you out there!
Awesome. I'm keeping my eyes out for any communication at this point. Nothing yet but hopefully soon.

Enjoy!

I see some questions around pickup and plates.

To note, when my wife picked up her Y at Devon, PA they have a PennDOT team there who can provide an actual plate and non-expiring registration. As we were not trading in, we assumed we would get a temp and then paper work to take to the DMV later.

We left the lot with her official PA plate and registration. This may already be communicated out but we were not aware and was a welcome added bonus to us.

Reactions: Senpai
I see some questions around pickup and plates.

To note, when my wife picked up her Y at Devon, PA they have a PennDOT team there who can provide an actual plate and non-expiring registration. As we were not trading in, we assumed we would get a temp and then paper work to take to the DMV later.

We left the lot with her official PA plate and registration. This may already be communicated out but we were not aware and was a welcome added bonus to us.
Thanks for this update. glad all went well. good to know that a PennDoT team is there to provide plates.