Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pennsylvania Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LR, AWD, Midnight Silver Metallic, 19" Gemini wheels, Black interior, Tow Hitch, no FSD

2021-09-05 - placed reservation
2021-09-13 - completed registration and financing details
Next step pending is get insurance after VIN assigned and upload insurance info

Pickup in Devon, PA

No EDD (estimated delivery was January when reservation placed)

LR, AWD, Midnight Silver Metallic, 19" Gemini wheels, Black interior, Tow Hitch, no FSD

Pickup in Devon, PA

A few days ago I saw the Devon storage lot was surprisingly full. Hopefully they're lining up deliveries and getting them done.

Folks please click ACCOUNT and enter your details (see my title) into the CUSTOM TITLE space. That way everyone can see when you ordered, model details, location, EDD or VIN date

Pickup in Devon, PA

Now my account shows EDD of March. I'm looking forward to an Austin car. Hopefully they are even better quality from the start, especially with both front and rear single piece stampings. I'm also curious about the 4680 battery, and whether that will come by that time frame. Not sure if i would prefer the brand new 4680, or the proven 2170 batteries. Either way, i'm not concerned.

The super long wait sucks, but it is what it is.

Today when i was down at Devon, the current crop of Model Y's scheduled for customer delivery this week were built Sept 4, 5, or 6. All the VIN's were in the 26X,XXX range.

Congrats. Share photos. How was your delivery day experience? I pick up mine on 9/24
Delivery took about 15 minutes and went smoothly. Just had to sign papers and have them pair my phone. I’ve attached a couple pics 😁 I added the brake covers, mud flaps and fog light tint. Good luck with yours!!

Attachments

• D5D879EB-1F43-43FE-9EC8-4B5EE140D89A.png
    D5D879EB-1F43-43FE-9EC8-4B5EE140D89A.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 128
  • B9E74D95-28DA-4814-88FB-E5DC0E78AADD.png
    B9E74D95-28DA-4814-88FB-E5DC0E78AADD.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 56
Reactions: Excelsior0896
Tuning in here to the thread I created a year ago for my MY. I'm now waiting on my M3 from Wexford. Got my VIN last Wednesday and my EDD is showing 9/22-9/26, but I haven't gotten a text or antyhing to schedule delivery. I called right after I got my VIN last week and they told me to just sit tight and they'd call me when I could schedule pickup. The wait is killer once again.

How's everyone's experience been with Wexford and them reaching out to you?

Got my blue MYLR on Friday 9/24. Looks awesome. No delivery issues with the exception of a small scratch on the front passenger side fender. VIN ends in 265xxx
Caution: DO NOT ACCEPT delivery without a thorough inspection. MY SA took photos of the scratch and then when I asked him to pair my phone as a key, he asked me to accept delivery in my Tesla app. After I did that, he tells me that he cannot log the scratch, and that I need to make a service appointment to get it fixed. This was weird because I am still at the Tesla service center and he claims he can’t do anything. Little disappointing. I have set up a service apontement for 10/13 which is the earliest available time. Hope it will get fixed.

The whole customer service experience from Tesla is very robotic and reeks of I don’t care attitude from their service staff. I wish Tesla is as passionate about creating an awesome customer experience as it’s fans are about their products. A lot to be desired.

Very excited driving my new car!

Attachments

• C7CB36BB-1839-4075-A3FE-D3E5D5D9B24B.jpeg
    C7CB36BB-1839-4075-A3FE-D3E5D5D9B24B.jpeg
    683 KB · Views: 56
  • 9C1B4687-9D79-4A66-8F34-4EA046C11B58.jpeg
    9C1B4687-9D79-4A66-8F34-4EA046C11B58.jpeg
    764.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Got my blue MYLR on Friday 9/24. Looks awesome. No delivery issues with the exception of a small scratch on the front passenger side fender. VIN ends in 265xxx
Caution: DO NOT ACCEPT delivery without a thorough inspection. MY SA took photos of the scratch and then when I asked him to pair my phone as a key, he asked me to accept delivery in my Tesla app. After I did that, he tells me that he cannot log the scratch, and that I need to make a service appointment to get it fixed. This was weird because I am still at the Tesla service center and he claims he can’t do anything. Little disappointing. I have set up a service apontement for 10/13 which is the earliest available time. Hope it will get fixed.

The whole customer service experience from Tesla is very robotic and reeks of I don’t care attitude from their service staff. I wish Tesla is as passionate about creating an awesome customer experience as it’s fans are about their products. A lot to be desired.

Very excited driving my new car!
Congrats! Love your new car!

I'm worried about this very thing you speak of. I have a reservation also.

Until Tesla has real competition, which may or may not be coming soon, they will be able to get away with this.

The biggest worry i have is Tesla requiring payment before you are able to inspect the car. Can i ask what payment type you used, and at what point in the process you paid? I hate the thought of paying any money before i know what condition the car is in. It's bad enough that you can't drive it before any money changes hands - i know i have to accept that.

But is it possible to inspect the car inside and out before payment? If not, is it at least possible to inspect the car inside and out before accepting delivery? I've heard that the car does not get unlocked until you accept delivery. Was that your experience?

Congrats! Love your new car!

I'm worried about this very thing you speak of. I have a reservation also.

Until Tesla has real competition, which may or may not be coming soon, they will be able to get away with this.

The biggest worry i have is Tesla requiring payment before you are able to inspect the car. Can i ask what payment type you used, and at what point in the process you paid? I hate the thought of paying any money before i know what condition the car is in. It's bad enough that you can't drive it before any money changes hands - i know i have to accept that.

But is it possible to inspect the car inside and out before payment? If not, is it at least possible to inspect the car inside and out before accepting delivery? I've heard that the car does not get unlocked until you accept delivery. Was that your experience?
I’m bringing a cashiers check to my delivery today rather than paying online prior.