Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pennsylvania Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a MY LR on July 24, 2021. Delivery is scheduled for next Wednesday - it will have been almost exactly 7 months. Initial EDD when I ordered was "October" (2021) but the sales guy said no way it would take that long and it would likely be in in September. HA HA, the joke's on me! EDD changed so many times I lost track. I will assume I didn't have any priority because I passed on FSD and didn't order a performance. The only option I selected was the color - red.

Can someone please post the specifics of the Pittsburgh-area meet-ups at Generoasta Coffee in Warrendale? I'm not on FB. Thanks.
I ordered my MYLR 7 seater on July 29th. Picked it up on 2/3. I don't think FSD helps with your pick up date. Its the configuration that could make the difference. Performance always gets the priority -- I guess they have higher profit margins on Perf configuration.

Tesla West Chester location looks like it will be open soon this year. Not sure exactly what type of location this will be.

Tesla West Chester location looks like it will be open soon this year. Not sure exactly what type of location this will be.

I wish the'd have one in Bucks. There are a lot of Teslas here.

Reactions: mwdietertg
Just got a VIN this morning. NF373xxx. Will be picking up in Devon.
Unfortunately i just couldn't go thru with the purchase.

Was scheduled to take delivery this week. I went down Sunday to see the car beforehand. I saw a MSM model Y and while walking up to it, saw a small bowed area on the leading edge of the frunk lid. I said to my self please don't let that be mine. Saw the VIN, and it was. It wasn't an adjustment issue - the whole hood was perfectly aligned, except that small raised up area. Maybe most people would not care or even notice, but i did.

I walked around the car and didn't notice anything else bad, except all 4 tail lights had condensation. I knew about this known issue, but still looks terrible and now it hit home that this would be my car. I've never seen that in any car i've ever had.

The model Y in the next space was making a loud noise just sitting there - sounded like an airplane - way louder than any ICE car at idle. My stomach started to hurt, thinking about that sound in my garage.

I couldn't sleep that night.

In the morning, i replied with a text to the number that sent me all the texts about order confirmation, delivery etc. I requested order to be canceled. They responded later in the evening, wanting a cancellation confirmation. I said yes.

I need to take a break. I'm still recovering from the 6 month long anticipation buildup and subsequent major disappointment.

Unfortunately i just couldn't go thru with the purchase.

Was scheduled to take delivery this week. I went down Sunday to see the car beforehand. I saw a MSM model Y and while walking up to it, saw a small bowed area on the leading edge of the frunk lid. I said to my self please don't let that be mine. Saw the VIN, and it was. It wasn't an adjustment issue - the whole hood was perfectly aligned, except that small raised up area. Maybe most people would not care or even notice, but i did.

I walked around the car and didn't notice anything else bad, except all 4 tail lights had condensation. I knew about this known issue, but still looks terrible and now it hit home that this would be my car. I've never seen that in any car i've ever had.

The model Y in the next space was making a loud noise just sitting there - sounded like an airplane - way louder than any ICE car at idle. My stomach started to hurt, thinking about that sound in my garage.

I couldn't sleep that night.

In the morning, i replied with a text to the number that sent me all the texts about order confirmation, delivery etc. I requested order to be canceled. They responded later in the evening, wanting a cancellation confirmation. I said yes.

I need to take a break. I'm still recovering from the 6 month long anticipation buildup and subsequent major disappointment.

Sounds like you really just didn’t want the car.

You canceled over one small blemish that was likely fixable and the hum of the HVAC…

Passed a private hauler with 3 MYLR MSM headed North on I83 in York.
Wonder where he was headed?

Stopped by the Mechanicsburg site to check out fit and finish on their test drive MYs.
Definitely some alignment issues on their cars, maybe rejects get sent out as demos.

I am headed to Devon tomorrow to pick up our MYP, hope the weather holds.

Reactions: HellsKitchen
Joined the cool kids club aka the 2 weeks EDD window folks this morning! Hopefully I will be a an even cooler kid with a VIN soon! I will say I am nervous about being an EOQ push delivery… I have heard horror story’s on here…Still pumped though. Queue the accessory purchases lol!

MYLR | OD 9/20 | Profile completed 09/21 | EDD 02/09-03/10 02/25-03/25 02/01-03/01 02/23-03/23, 2/11-3/11,3/3-3/28, 03/16-03/30| Midnight Silver | No tow | 5 seats | 19" Wheels | No FSD

Joined the cool kids club aka the 2 weeks EDD window folks this morning! Hopefully I will be a an even cooler kid with a VIN soon! I will say I am nervous about being an EOQ push delivery… I have heard horror story’s on here…Still pumped though. Queue the accessory purchases lol!

MYLR | OD 9/20 | Profile completed 09/21 | EDD 02/09-03/10 02/25-03/25 02/01-03/01 02/23-03/23, 2/11-3/11,3/3-3/28, 03/16-03/30| Midnight Silver | No tow | 5 seats | 19" Wheels | No FSD
Don’t believe the hype. I went through this same fear last year when taking my delivery of my M3P and it was all for nothing.

Reactions: ksupilot
So I've got an August delivery of a LR (recently moved from June by Tesla) that was originally supposed to be in Devon.

Today I did a test drive in Princeton, which is only 10-15 minutes away from where I live in lower Bucks. I mentioned this to the advisor at the test drive and he said he could move the pickup there. Not only is it a lost closer, but I don't have to pay the extra .6% sales tax; I will just pay the PA rate.

The advisor also told me he hasn't seen a current Y without the new chip and battery. And that the matrix headlights are indeed only in the Performance models..."for now."

Last edited:
So I've got an August delivery of a LR (recently moved from June by Tesla) that was originally supposed to be in Devon.

Today I did a test drive in Princeton, which is only 10-15 minutes away from where I live in lower Bucks. I mentioned this to the advisor at the test drive and he said he could move the pickup there. Not only is it a lost closer, but I don't have to pay the extra .6% sales tax; I will just pay the PA rate.

The advisor also told me he hasn't seen a current Y without the new chip and battery. And that the matrix headlights are indeed only in the Performance models..."for now."
PA sales tax is 6% and still applies if you register in PA

Has anyone in Eastern PA taken delivery lately? My EDD is currently 5/8-6/5 but Devon has literally been empty for weeks. I've honestly never seen it this dead for this long.
Noppppe my OD was 9/20 and my current EDD is is April 28th- May 26th. We will be lucky to receive our vehicles in June. This company has gone down the tube. I am seriously contemplating going with another company that cares for their customers.

Reactions: mbashir1