TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Pensacola Service Center

Discussion in 'Florida' started by RobbyK, Apr 28, 2019.

1. RobbyK

RobbyK New Member

• Informative x 1
  2. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

Why not add some text to a picture?

• Disagree x 1
  3. TampaRich

TampaRich Member

Nice that they have one in the panhandle.

• Like x 1
  4. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts

5. RobbyK

RobbyK New Member

My apologies for the lack of information in my original post. I noticed it recently added to the Tesla service center list, but it wasn’t open when I visited. I’m going to drive by occasionally to check the status. There were no Teslas out other than my own. I’m not sure if Tesla historically adds a service center to the list before it is open.

6. Larry Chanin

Here's a vicinity map.

Pensacola Service Center vicinity map.png

Larry

7. Larry Chanin

I am informed by Tesla that this Service Center location still needs lift installation and a few other components before opening.

Larry

8. Ole Capt

Ole Capt Member

Great to hear!

9. Raga901

Raga901 Member

This center is being called a Service Center Lite. I had a mobile ranger appointment scheduled in Pensacola next week. Just got a call and they moved me to the new service center. Center opens May 13th. Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday are service days. Tuesday is administration and parts days. Friday will be mobile service days. My car will be the 5th in the shop. Scheduled for May 16th. They said they will have transportation for me at dropoff.

10. Ole Capt

Ole Capt Member

I hope that’s not correct. I am scheduled Thursday 5/9 at 10 am at this service center. Surely someone would have called me.

11. Ole Capt

Ole Capt Member

I should note I scheduled thru the app. Here’s my email confirmation

Hi Chad,

Your Service Center visit is confirmed for May 09, 2019 10:00:00 AM at Pensacola-175 E Olive Road.

Pensacola-175 E Olive Road
    175-B E Olive Rd
    Pensacola, FL

Please arrive on time. If you need to arrive early, we will do our best to accommodate. Upon check-in, our team will confirm the estimated pick-up date and time.

We also offer a variety of transport options to ensure the most convenient service possible.

Cancel, change or add details to your visit at any time using your Tesla Account or the Tesla Mobile App.

For any other questions, visit our Support Pages

Best regards,
    The Tesla Team

12. Raga901

Raga901 Member

That's very interesting. I got the info from the regional mobile ranger dispatcher. He coordinates the rangers on the gulf coast. So maybe he was wrong. But he seemed pretty sure about these dates and volunteered all the other info. As an FYI, he did say his rangers are suspended right now in this area and they are trying to move everyone into to the center. He said the center will be calling me as well. I'll ask when they do.

Also I was given the email [email protected] if i wanted to send questions to the shop.

13. Ole Capt

Ole Capt Member

Got a call today from the local guy to confirm my appointment. I will indeed be in Pcola on Thursday at 10 for a brake job and a diagnostic of the high pitch bearing whine. He is also checking my front suspension that is squeaking.

14. jvmoore1

jvmoore1 Member

really glad to have a Service Center closer than Atlanta or Houston.

15. sboole

sboole New Member

I've been with a broken driver door latch on our Model X since April 13, 2019. After HOURS spent on the phone and chats trying to get repair via the Ranger, I finally was given the option of 1. Driving it to Atlanta 2. A Ranger Appt on a Friday in JUNE (1st available) 3. the new Pensacola service center an hour away on 5/15, a month after I reported the breakdown.

Thankfully I've had another car to drive the past 4 weeks because climbing in the passenger side or falcon door and over the center console gets pretty old.

Has anyone had service there successfully yet? I see someone had a 5/9 appt?

I'm really hopeful the scheduler was correct and they WILL have the part I need and WILL fix it while I wait. This has been really frustrating.

16. sboole

sboole New Member

Hi,

Did you indeed get your Tesla serviced at the new Pensacola Service Center?

Thanks,
    Sandra

17. GreenT

GreenT Member

By appointment only?
    Same as Sarasota?

18. Ole Capt

Ole Capt Member

Sure did. Chris runs it and is very nice and helpful.

19. sboole

sboole New Member

Awesome! Good to hear! I'm hopeful this is a good solution now.

20. Raga901

Raga901 Member

Thought I'd share some more info after my appointment the other day. Chris is great and a experienced Tesla Mechanic from the Miami Service Center. But it is a one man show in there for now. They hired 3 new techs, but they are offsite training right now. They won't be in the Service center till end of the month. Also at the end of the month they are supposed to get 4 loaner vehicles. But until then, Chris is only authorized to order people a Lyft. After the new techs arrive they will be running local Mobile Service out of this SC with one of the techs on Monday and Fridays. They do have one lift installed for now.