Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pensacola Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Also I was given the email [email protected] if i wanted to send questions to the shop.

Thanks for the information on Pensacola service. I just tried the email and got this response,
"
Your message to [email protected] couldn't be delivered.
The group Pensacola_Service only accepts messages from people in its organization or on its allowed senders list, and your email address isn't on the list.
"

I just tried to make online appt yesterday with Pensacola Service and first available is 16 days out.

• Informative
Reactions: Seven7
I have a model 3 and live in Indianapolis. I come to Pensacola 4-5 times per year but have not yet made this trip in my Tesla due to lack of services here (chargers/service). Are there no superchargers here? Hoe about destination chargers?

I have a model 3 and live in Indianapolis. I come to Pensacola 4-5 times per year but have not yet made this trip in my Tesla due to lack of services here (chargers/service). Are there no superchargers here? Hoe about destination chargers?
Hi Ken,

The Tesla Find Us interactive map shows that a "Coming Soon" Pensacola Supercharger Station and a Destin Supercharger Station are planned for operation by the end of this year. There are also a number of existing Tesla Destination Chargers at hotels in the area available to overnight patrons or restaurant customers.

Here is a screen shot of the Find Us map:

Pensacola area charging.png

• Informative
  • Disagree
Reactions: GreenT and Seven7
Went by here today since we were in Pensacola to eat at McGuires. Wanted to check the SC out and to charge a little bit to help relieve the wife's range anxiety.
Unfortunately there is no Destination chargers on the outside of the building. Hopefully they will get some installed soon

I live in the area and can tell you that there is an SC in Mobile, Al,(Bel Air Mall) destination chargers in Foley, AL (Bensons Appliance Store) and also a couple in Gulf Shores, AL (LuLu's Resturant and also at The Gulf Restaurant all are open 24/7 and near or on the beach. Skip Pensacola and come on over to Baldwin County, AL it's a little more Tesla friendly.

I have visited the Pensacola service center several times in September and October 2019. It is operational. It is available for appointments in the app. It's a work in progress but they are servicing cars there. 7 Tesla's inside on my last visit.

• Informative
Reactions: Larry Chanin
It's just an empty shell of a leased building with NOTHING in it except for a few parts laying on the floor.
I have asked one of our club members who lives in the area to provide his observations. They don't quite agree with your comments that there's nothing there except a few parts laying on the floor.

He states:

"I’ve been to the Pensacola SC a couple times now. It’s by appointment only, so no fancy waiting rooms and offices. Just a large warehouse style garage. There is a lift, and it is manned. Usually 2-4 techs working on Tesla’s in there. There is a customer waiting room with free coffee but it’s very small. There are stacks of Tesla parts and components, but they’re not strewn across the floor or anything."

Pensacola Service Center 3.jpg

Larry

• Disagree
Reactions: GreenT
Having come from the hands-on maintenance world for 30 years, Aircraft ( C-130, E-2C, H-60, HU-25) still have my AP License and looking at the photo I stand by my previous post. Not impressed at all since my last visit.
We appreciate that you've worked in well-appointed maintenance facilities over your long career. We get it that you're not impressed, frankly either am I. However, no one is trying to declare that this service center is impressive. What we're objecting to is that your remark is an exaggeration that unfairly characterizes the facility.

Your remark, "It's just an empty shell of a leased building with NOTHING in it except for a few parts laying on the floor.", with the capitalized "NOTHING", is misleading because it lacks detail and therefore makes it sound as if the facility was abandoned, lacked any equipment, or personnel and merely had a few parts strewn across the floor.

The photo clearly shows that clearly that is not the case.

True it's a very basic, but nevertheless it's a functioning service center in a region that desperately needs one.

Larry

• Disagree

I live in the area and can tell you that there is an SC in Mobile, Al,(Bel Air Mall) destination chargers in Foley, AL (Bensons Appliance Store) and also a couple in Gulf Shores, AL (LuLu's Resturant and also at The Gulf Restaurant all are open 24/7 and near or on the beach. Skip Pensacola and come on over to Baldwin County, AL it's a little more Tesla friendly.

Ken's stated concern was the lack of both chargers and service. While it is true that the "Coming Soon" Supercharger Station in Pensacola is not yet operational, there is an operating service center in Pensacola.

Baldwin County doesn't have a Supercharger Station. There is a Supercharger Station about 20 miles from the nearest point of Baldwin County, Alabama. In addition, Baldwin County doesn't have a service center. It's not exactly more Tesla friendly. Hopefully, Tesla will complete its Supercharger Station in Pensacola before the end of the year as their website suggests, and then Ken will have the best of both worlds in Pensacola, a Supercharger, and a Service Center.

In the meantime, as I mentioned in an earlier posting there are some Tesla Destination Chargers in the Pensacola area. For example, on Pensacola Beach, there is the Red Fish Blue Fish Restaurant with a Tesla Connector. There is also the Hilton with a Tesla Connector. Patrons of one of Hilton's restaurants would probably be welcome to charge there. In addition, you can consult Plugshare to find more destination chargers in the area. If you have a CHAdeaMO adapter, there are two Fast Chargers in the area as well as several J1772 chargers.

Pensacola chargers.png

Larry

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Sorry I did not show the intent previously but I am happy to have destination chargers that are not just available if staying at a hotel like some are. If someone was coming down to enjoy the beaches they are able to charge up at all hours while dining or shopping in Baldwin Co., Foley, Gulf Shores and Orange Beach. Red Fish is a good spot too. I wish the local power provider, (it's a Co-Op) would get on board and sell trons to the EV market, looks like it would jive, they have the power just sell it like the oil companies do.

The panhandle of Florida, sometimes known as LA (Lower Alabama), is a thinly populated, forested and rural area. I-10 runs through it, and Pensacola is the largest metro area. If you were to draw a 50 mile circle around Pensacola's center you would find rural countryside and pine barrens in the northern half, and the Gulf of Mexico in the southern half. A populated strip runs on an east-west axis through it including the !-10 corridor and the whitest, most unspoiled beaches in the country. This is the main attraction of the area, and one of the many things that I love about my hometown. Unfortunately, it is not yet ideal Tesla country. As a Tesla prospect I was delighted to see a SC show up here. It is on a quiet road, convenient to the Interstate, adjacent to what once was a prosperous Sears warehouse and service facility. It shows Tesla's ongoing dedication to building infrastructure in the Southeast US. Why, before you know it I will be able to drive to Tallahassee in a Tesla M3, visit my daughter and grands, and recharge for the drive home. Celebrating, not carping. Good things don't happen overnight.

From the Western Gate to the Sunshine State, where thousand live the way millions wish they could. :)

Hi! I was at Pensacola Beach over Thanksgiving. The One Gish Blue Fish restaurant listed in Tesla maps does not exist. The person we spoke to in the restaurant said there was never one. That may or may not be sure.

unfortunately Pensacola is a bad place to visit with the Tesla. Destination chargers are just not sufficient with the two closest Superchargers over an hour away.

Next year we will consider staying at one of the hotels with the hope we can overnight charge.

Hi! I was at Pensacola Beach over Thanksgiving. The One Gish Blue Fish restaurant listed in Tesla maps does not exist. The person we spoke to in the restaurant said there was never one. That may or may not be sure.

unfortunately Pensacola is a bad place to visit with the Tesla. Destination chargers are just not sufficient with the two closest Superchargers over an hour away.

Next year we will consider staying at one of the hotels with the hope we can overnight charge.

let me clarify, the restaurant exists. The destination charger does not exist at that site.