Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pensacola Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi! I was at Pensacola Beach over Thanksgiving. The One Gish Blue Fish restaurant listed in Tesla maps does not exist. The person we spoke to in the restaurant said there was never one. That may or may not be sure.
Thanks for the information. I assume that you are referring to the Red Fish Blue Fish restaurant. The General Manager of the restaurant informs me that due to restaurant construction they moved the chargers to the Hilton Pensacola Beach across the street.

The person you spoke to at the restaurant misinformed you. There were two chargers there as recently as January of this year. A Clipper Creek and a Tesla Connector.

Red Fish Blue Fish chargers Jan 2019.jpg

Larry

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and Seven7
Well, I'm forced to make a trip to Pensacola from Indianapolis before the Pensacola supercharger is installed. My normal trip time (gas car) is 12 hours or slightly less. Lo8ks like my model 3 trip will be 14.5 hrs minimum. I can deal with that but can't ask the family to do so. Part of that extra time is due to the additional charge time required to provide enough charge to get back to that supercharger 2 hrs north of Pensacola. Once the Pensacola supercharger is installed, that will reduce charge/drive time some...Tesla, please hurry, then I can have the wife get model Y. I have housing in Pensacola so hotels with chargers won't help me.

Well, I'm forced to make a trip to Pensacola from Indianapolis before the Pensacola supercharger is installed. My normal trip time (gas car) is 12 hours or slightly less. Lo8ks like my model 3 trip will be 14.5 hrs minimum. I can deal with that but can't ask the family to do so. Part of that extra time is due to the additional charge time required to provide enough charge to get back to that supercharger 2 hrs north of Pensacola. Once the Pensacola supercharger is installed, that will reduce charge/drive time some...Tesla, please hurry, then I can have the wife get model Y. I have housing in Pensacola so hotels with chargers won't help me.

I wish there was a reliable source for an accurate update on the SC here. Best I can tell, it will go in on Cervantes Street, near the southern terminus of I-110. There are two fast chargers at the Ever'man Cooperative Grocery at 1000 E. Nine Mile Road 32514. The adapter that came with your Tesla will work there. I'll scout around for others for you.

If you don't mind driving ~25 miles, there's a Tesla charger - in fact, two - at Juana's Pagodas just across the Navarre Beach causeway. Open to the public, free, and they charge at a rate of 23 miles per hour. It's no Supercharger, but the price is right.

Also, Plugshare lists "Phil Ehr's house" as having a J-1772 which is available to the public and the latest post shows a Tesla Model 3 owner who used it on January 15. He claims a 26 miles per hour charging rate.

Pensacola doesn't have a whole lotta resources when it comes to charging, but there are a few. Looking forward to the Supercharger being completed.

• Disagree
Reactions: kpeng
I just browsed through the posts here. I've only been to the Pensacola Service Center once to get my HW3 computer installed. It is kind of a hole in the wall compared to the only other Service Center I visited in Roswell, GA to pick up my car. When the Pensacola Service Center opened, it didn't even have the Tesla name on the building and I drove right past it. They finally did put a flag out front. Now the Tesla name is on the building. Despite the outward appearance, the service was great. They told me my appointment would take about an hour. I arrived. They took me right in. I was out in 45 minutes. There were 4 or 5 other cars in there too.

As far as the Supercharger? I'd say don't hold your breath. It has been listed as "Planned" for well over a year. Planned for 2019. Now planned to 2020. It's the end of August now, still with only a plan, so I'm guessing the same plan will apply to 2021.

Red Fish Blue Fish did have a charger for a while, but not anymore. I really haven't been able to find a destination charger in the area that isn't at a business/hotel, reserved for customers/guests. If you own a Tesla in Pensacola, you charge at home which is fine.

I've owned this car for almost 2 years now. Still feels like I just got it yesterday. Very exciting, really fun to drive. If I ever had to go back to a gasoline car ....... ? Well, I don't even want to think about that.

Try the PlugShare app to find destination chargers. That seems pretty reliable.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: bhorn
I really haven't been able to find a destination charger in the area that isn't at a business/hotel, reserved for customers/guests.
Usually, you don't have to be an overnight guest to use a destination charger. I have found that most hotels with restaurants will let you charge at their Tesla Destination Chargers if you are a customer at their restaurants. I would much rather be having a drink and a bite to eat at a restaurant than waiting in my car while charging.

Larry

I have a son who will be in Naval flight school in Pensacola for about the next year.

He has my 2013 S with about 140k miles on it and may need new brakes (unfortunately I'm not there to check).

Anyone have an independent shop they recommend in Pensacola for this type of work or should he just go to the service center? I would typical just do them myself, but I'm not there .

I had an appointment this past week to have a seat replaced (under warranty) and the SC is still open, but they still have no waiting area. One of the tech mentioned they're hoping/asking for a remodel of the building to bring back a waiting area, but I'm going to be surprised if it happens any time soon. He also mentioned they're opening a SC in Tallahassee, so maybe that will help take some workload off of Pensacola.

Side note - when I took my car in for the seat replacement, I knew ahead of time it wouldn't take all that long for them to do the work, so I took a folding chair, big water bottle, and a battery pack in my phone. I camped out under a tree to wait for them to get done. Thankfully it was a day with comfortable temps, so it was a relatively pleasant wait for them to swap the seat. I told the guy at check-in what I was going to do, and they didn't object a bit.

• Informative
Reactions: jackrabbitpun
Nice people. Was a lot quicker than I thought about 2hrs total. Still no waiting in the SC, but you get the uber voucher. Lots of Teslas outside. Inside they have HUGE tire rack. Didnt see the lift, but maybe the tire rack was in the way and wasnt really looking to hard as I was talking to service rep on the way in and out. They took care of my stuff no problem.

Edit: Looking at the picture posted here from 2019, the huge tire rack absolutely blocks the lift pictured. Also, there is a charge station on outside (not a SC) now, although I dont know if it is okay to hook up. There was a Y hooked up.

Last edited:
Reactions: bhorn
Been there 2X for Homelink installation in June 2021 (M3 LR AWD) and then replacing a windshield hit by road debris on I-10. They were supportive and the Uber voucher helped defray cost to go to a rental shop down closer to the Bay and the Gulf for bicycling while they worked. This year they offered mobile service via the app and came to my house about 70 miles one-way and rotated the tires for $70 tax included in the garage. Cant beat that and others were impressed as well. The mobile tech was professional and willing to talk about Teslas and his positive experience working on them. He drove a used S with his gear in the back. Overall, a good operation.

Reactions: bhorn and Rotorian