Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

People are crazy not to buy Tesla cars!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How does the protruding head rest not bother you? Do you drive just slouching forward and not leaning back? If you look at the seat from sideways, you can clearly see that this style is very bad for the human posture
I am 6'2" and have no problem with the head rest. The seats are not made for the back of the seat to be straight up, like a tall SUV. If you have it like that then the head rest is too far forward. I have my seat in a more reclined position (more like an F1 driving position) which is more comfortable and better for my back especially for us tall guys. In this position the head rest is not too far forward. In fact it is so far back that I would have to move my head back about an inch or two to touch it.

Have someone take a sideways picture of you sitting in it. You might be surprised. There's no way to sit in that car leaning back without having your head protruding forward. It's very clear to see when you look sideways that the head rest is several inches forward compared to the area just below the head rest. That prevents your alignment from being straight no matter how you sit. It might be OK for the first year or two, but most people will eventually start having alignment issues down the line if you drive a lot. If you only drive a little, you should be OK and you might not notice it. If you have to push your head back to touch the head rest, that implies you're leaning forward in a slouched position

• Love
Reactions: neroden
I was seriously considering the model 3, but unfortunately the seats are a deal breaker for tall people. That basically prevents a big chunk of the population from considering it. The headrest is very awkward and protruding forward and not adjustabl. You can maybe tolerate it for a while, but if you want to keep it for years, good luck with the discomfort
I'm 6'6". Most people consider me tall. I test drove a Tesla and it won me over with the telescoping steering wheel and lowered seats that allowed me to get waaaaay more comfortable than driving in other EVs (like the Chevy Bolt) or in my 2007 Gen 2 Prius (my back-up car).

Reactions: Earthpower
I run a transportation service that uses Tesla Xes.

Biggest challenge we face is Charging, and long repair times.

Even with the extensive superchargers in SoCal (we're San Diego, CA and Jacksonville, FL based), my chauffeurs spend so much time at the superchargers, waiting for a charge (so that they can actually get to their destinations.

Also, we've had long long repair times for our Model Xes, been rear ended a bunch, and one X got totaled a couple months ago. Sad, because it was going strong after 170k+ miles. But at least our chauffeur was not seriously injured, and there were no clients in the vehicle.

I understand your gripe about charging but Teslas(or any electric cars) are not meant to be supercharged daily. The inconvenient of supercharging wait time is dramatically offset by the fact that you can charge at home using 5 seconds of your time. So I understand you want to be "special" by using Teslas for your business but it is a large shortcoming for your intended purposes and does not reflect how real owners would operate a Tesla. So a V4 supercharger that can fill your car up in 3 minutes would be insanely valuable to you or people without access to a home charger, but has very little value for the majority of EV owners. I haven't even been to a supercharger station since I bought the car after 13k miles. I'll be surprised if I end up at a supercharger a handful of time before hitting 100k miles.

Reactions: Potpourri
I understand your gripe about charging but Teslas(or any electric cars) are not meant to be supercharged daily. The inconvenient of supercharging wait time is dramatically offset by the fact that you can charge at home using 5 seconds of your time. So I understand you want to be "special" by using Teslas for your business but it is a large shortcoming for your intended purposes and does not reflect how real owners would operate a Tesla. So a V4 supercharger that can fill your car up in 3 minutes would be insanely valuable to you or people without access to a home charger, but has very little value for the majority of EV owners. I haven't even been to a supercharger station since I bought the car after 13k miles. I'll be surprised if I end up at a supercharger a handful of time before hitting 100k miles.

Charging at home is not an option for some. Especially those that live in Vertical Dwellings. My Chauffeurs sometimes drive 400+ miles in a day, therefore requiring them to supercharge.

I'd rather be "special" using Teslas and Superchargers, then use gasoline powered cars and continue to pollute the planet. Happy to replace batteries when degradation takes their capacities to an unusable level, however we've done over 150k miles in a few of our Xes, and seen reasonable degradation, not enough to cause us any significant issues.

Yes, would be great to have a V4 Supercharger, or a 500mi range. Even a V3 supercharger is fine for my purposes, just that waiting in line 16 cars deep is something I wish will go away.