Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

People can't hear me anymore while using my phone in the Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I scheduled my service and requested they send a Mobile Tech to the airport where my car would be parked for several weeks. I was told when we bought both of our cars that one of the "big benefits" of owning a Tesla was that "we will send a tech to you", they said since I was looking at Audi's and they told me they would come pick my Audi up from the airport, take it for service, wash it, wax it and drop it off. So this was my "baseline" for service. Tesla claimed they too would come to the vehicle, even if I was at home (rural east Texas). Can anyone guess how many times this has occurred? ZERO!!!

I was told for almost a year that the local repair facility was short-staffed from COVID. Then I was told that they were staffed but still no Mobile Tech. Then I was told that they would send a Mobile Tech to the airport when my car is parked there. Then yesterday they told me they wouldn't do that. We texted back and forth and I got excuse after excuse as to why it would need to be dropped-off to be evaluated for two issues, 1) The microphone not working and 2) Verify my Autopilot/FSD computer/camera sync is working correctly since I had an issue the other day where the car failed to "see" a HUGE metal object right in the middle of the roadway that I had to swerve to avoid, all the while the car repeatedly was "seeing ghosts" all day and giving repeated "Forward Collision Alert" warnings.

So, to make a long story longer, I get up this morning at a hotel near the airport, my flight is canceled and I get in the car to drive back home and lo-and-behold, my Autopilot and FSD selections are turned off on my selection screens and the microphone IS working. I'm not sure if this was PURELY happenstance that my car magically reset those things on its' own (much like Facebook, maybe it's listening to me) or if Tesla went in and ran diagnostics, after telling me they could not? These are things that make me go "hmmmmmm."

So my car is in the service center with this being one of the issues. I'll see what they say this time or if they will force an update.

I got 2022.20.9 yesterday. Like wtf is the advanced software update option even for. Didn't get 2022.24.x but sure a minor update from 20.8 to 20.9 makes sense...

So yesterday they did update me to 2022.24.6 before and after they replaced the MCU. Their notes indicated they couldn't reproduce the issue (I have an Android/Pixel6Pro, they used an iPhone SE), or any of the issues I reported, but this issue occurs regardless of what's connected (if anything) to Bluetooth.

I have had a few drives since yesterday, not to mention they did, and the Mic bug hasn't occurred. Overall, and I don't know if this is because of the MCU swap or the 2022.24.x train, system seems smoother, haven't had a reboot or stutter in the UI/cameras, but that issue was less frequent. I really hope this is the end of these issues for me.

For me, the Mic bug was almost every other drive.

Word of advice, take pictures/videos of the issues when it occurs. I gave them pictures of the various issues and took recordings. I'm not sure if that's what had them decide to replace the MCU or the fact this was the second or third time I reported the (non Mic bug) issues.

Started experiencing this "recently" (although I don't spend a lot of time in the car on the phone, so who knows when it started). I answered the phone via the car's screen and they were not able to hear me. I can hear them fine.

Audio commands "work", although they seem to be buggy too. Just tried to use them a few hours ago. System understood what I said but looked up something completely different.

Software is being weird lately in my opinion. I also went on a trip yesterday and the planned route had me going to a Supercharger that was out of the way (arriving with 17%) instead of going straight home. What?!

Attachments

• IMG_2779.PNG
    IMG_2779.PNG
    676.8 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_2653.jpg
    IMG_2653.jpg
    525.3 KB · Views: 32
New update is now causing the issue for me. People can no longer hear me on Bluetooth call. Android phone. Reset both car and phone
Same here, began with latest update (latest FSD update 2022.20.18), people can’t hear me on the phone. Android. Voice control no longer can hear me speak, just sits there waiting even if I yell.

Up side, this update fixed the problem with the USB storage device. No more red X.

Unchanged, voice messaging still works some days, others not.

Same here, began with latest update (latest FSD update 2022.20.18), people can’t hear me on the phone. Android. Voice control no longer can hear me speak, just sits there waiting even if I yell.

Up side, this update fixed the problem with the USB storage device. No more red X.

Unchanged, voice messaging still works some days, others not.
And voice control some days works, other days acts as if I am not speaking, no response no matter how loudly I give the voice command.

Same issue here. I logged the date/time when it happened then filed for a service visit. They said the techs were able to look at my car's logs and determined the hardware needs to be replaced. Service visit scheduled.

My mic seemed to be faulty when the car was very hot, which indicates a hardware problem. But same deal, calls and voice commands both fail due to a mic issue

Hmmm... was this under warranty ? My car is out of warranty now so I don't know if I'd want to pay this expense... People can't seem to hear me on the phone too now. :(

This issue is back again. When I get calls they can not hear me. I have done everything to try to get work. I answered a call this morning and they could hear me and I could not hear them. Ugh. Software issue again??!