Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

People can't hear me anymore while using my phone in the Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All of a sudden people can't hear me anymore when sending or recieving a phone call in my Tesla. I can hear them just fine, but when I speak they cannot hear me. I have to disconnect my Bluetooth and talk to them straight through the phone.

What I have done:
- Unpaired and repaired my phone and phone key
- Rebooted my Tesla
- Tried another phone
- uninstalled and reinstalled my Tesla app on my phone

I am using an Android phone if that makes any difference

Anybody run into a similar issue or have any ideas that I haven't tried?

Reactions: Cnixon
When that happens, do other voice commands work? I have found that regular voice commands no longer work when the phone issue happens. Navigation commands, audio commands, etc. Just get a messege saying "command not understood". It happens randomly, and will often go back and forth between working and not working many times in the same day.

It seems like a microphone issue to me. Tesla service not able to duplicate it when I took it in, but later that same day, the same thing happened.

Reactions: Cnixon
Happening to a bunch of people and multiple threads on TMC about this. Looks to be a bug that we’ll have to wait for Tesla to squash in an upcoming update. This started with 2022.16.2 and 2022.16.3 didn’t fix it. Made a successful test call from the driveway after upgrading to 2022.20.6, and my mic worked again. I’ll see if it’s truly fixed with the next couple of drives.
Fingers crossed.

08/21 build MYLR/white/black/5/20”/tow/AB

All of a sudden people can't hear me anymore when sending or recieving a phone call in my Tesla. I can hear them just fine, but when I speak they cannot hear me. I have to disconnect my Bluetooth and talk to them straight through the phone.

What I have done:
- Unpaired and repaired my phone and phone key
- Rebooted my Tesla
- Tried another phone
- uninstalled and reinstalled my Tesla app on my phone

I am using an Android phone if that makes any difference

Anybody run into a similar issue or have any ideas that I haven't tried?
I've been having the same problem. I can hear them fine, but they think I must be on mute. Probably a software issue. Hopefully, we'll get an OTA update soon to fix it. I've been disconnecting my phone in the Bluetooth settings of the Tesla screen in order to use it as a standalone device so that I can be heard the on the other end. Not ideal, or all that safe, but that's what I do if it's a really important call. Can't wait for this to get fixed.

Same issue here. I logged the date/time when it happened then filed for a service visit. They said the techs were able to look at my car's logs and determined the hardware needs to be replaced. Service visit scheduled.

My mic seemed to be faulty when the car was very hot, which indicates a hardware problem. But same deal, calls and voice commands both fail due to a mic issue