Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

People in Phoenix AZ seem interested in Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in Southern California and own a Tesla Model 3. I sometimes get questions but not often they seem pretty common here.

But when I go to Phoenix Arizona, I get people asking about the Tesla like they never seen one before. Like electric cars is a total foreign concept but they are still interested in them. I try my best to help people to educate them what is like to live with a Tesla. But sometimes people seem to not know what questions they want answers, they just ask “how far does it go”. Or sometimes I just feel whatever questions they have are a waste of both of our times. Sometimes I wonder if people ask me questions just to be doubtful. Like they only want to save money on gas but aren’t willing to put the work to deal with waiting at supercharges for trips or don’t realize a fully charged Tesla can do most round trip commutes without being charged somewhere else.

I could have told them stuff like when I’m traveling, I take my electric scooter with me so I can leave my car overnight at a free L2 charger that is within a 1-2 mile distance of my friends apartment. That way I don’t need to rely on the apartment complex having an EV charging

I try tell people if you commute locally, your time sleeping is when you charge thus not using your awake time to go to a gas station.

One guy in CA at a cafe was asking about my electric scooter then rambled on about how his giant Ford 250-350 takes $200 to fill up (around summer 2022).

I took a chance on a totally new concept of EV. I was initially just gonna get a Lexus or BMW but I was over gas cars and hated being forced to pay $50-100 for a full tank of gas.

There are plenty of us Tesla drivers here in AZ, but I've noticed more of them in Scottsdale and the East Valley. which seems to be ironic since we don't have any Superchargers in the East valley. There are 4 in Scottsdale, one in Tempe, central Phoenix, North Phoenix and Glendale. The Buckeye one is for Traveling to and and from California, which makes sense.
I get tons of question as well, especially from my neighbors while I'm out front washing my cars.

I live in the East Valley and have had my model 3 for 3 years and 67K miles. I definitely got more questions 3 years ago than I do now, but I still get an occasional question from an inquisitive co-worker or neighbor. Still a lot of misconceptions out there....

The timing of the slowdown in questions happened right about the time that the free miles for referral promo ended. I think I could have had 5 referrals in the year after the program ended...Oh well

There are plenty of us Tesla drivers here in AZ, but I've noticed more of them in Scottsdale and the East Valley. which seems to be ironic since we don't have any Superchargers in the East valley. There are 4 in Scottsdale, one in Tempe, central Phoenix, North Phoenix and Glendale. The Buckeye one is for Traveling to and and from California, which makes sense.
I get tons of question as well, especially from my neighbors while I'm out front washing my cars.

Tesla needs to put a few more superchargers so Phoenix can be complete. Driving to Mesa, Queens Creek, Chandler, anything southeast is like a Tesla death zone if you start out with 50% and commute away from all the superchargers. But it seems the entire Phoenix area is commutable if you can start the day out with a full charge. But the south & east parts of Phoenix could use a few more superchargers.

I'm glad my friend lives in Glendale because that area has more EV support and Tesla supercharger near his apartment, he lives near the State Farm Stadium.

Tesla needs to put a few more superchargers so Phoenix can be complete. Driving to Mesa, Queens Creek, Chandler, anything southeast is like a Tesla death zone if you start out with 50% and commute away from all the superchargers. But it seems the entire Phoenix area is commutable if you can start the day out with a full charge. But the south & east parts of Phoenix could use a few more superchargers.

I'm glad my friend lives in Glendale because that area has more EV support and Tesla supercharger near his apartment, he lives near the State Farm Stadium.
I did find a Volta charger in the parking lot of a Mountainside fitness located on Ellsworth and the 24. They have two CCS chargers and I used my adapter with no problems.

The Mills mall SC has been open for a while now along with the new one in Scottsdale off the 101/Shea. The new ones off the 101 in Chandler and 60/Stapley will soon give the East Valley some more love.