Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

People of Oklahoma. Oppose HB 3994!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

alexgr

Aug 13, 2019

What you need to know:

House Bill 3994, a detrimental bill that could be interpreted as outlawing EV manufacturers like Tesla from servicing and delivering cars in Oklahoma, is currently being considered by members of the House Business and Commerce Committee. Contact your Representatives today and encourage him or her to vote NO on HB 3994.

If passed, this bill could force Tesla to close its existing locations in Oklahoma AND prevent Tesla from shipping cars to anyone in the state, which would force locals to travel out-of-state to service their cars or pick up their new Tesla vehicles. Oklahoma should focus on increasing revenue and jobs in the state, not stifling competition and limiting consumer choice.

Using the tools above, please send a message your State Representative and the members of the House Business and Commerce Committee sharing what this bill means to you and why it is bad for Oklahoma. Tell them your story as an EV owner in Oklahoma and let them know that you OPPOSE HB 3994.

I do not live in Oklahoma, but I have to wonder if this legislation is striking back at a company that sells cars in the state and is unwilling to provide “appropriate” service and support.

Good luck on fighting this BIll.
It's the other way round. Tesla does NOT sell cars in Oklahoma, but it provides appropriate service and support. They, the eggheads, want to take service and support away.

Who comes up with these bills?
Here he is. Mike Wazowski Dobrinski.
1645582242992.png

From his Bio: "A well-known and successful businessman, Mike and his brother Jim owned and operated Chevy dealerships in Okeene and Kingfisher for over 35 years."

I just sent this to the OK House Ethics committee:

"I would like to bring to attention of the House Elections and Ethics committee, that Bill HB 3994 "Relating to motor vehicle dealers" was introduced by Representative Mike Dobrinski. This bill is aimed to reduce competition in favor of certain motor vehicle dealerships and services that will hurt Oklahoma consumers. Representative Mike Dobrinski, according to his biography is "A well-known and successful businessman, Mike and his brother Jim owned and operated Chevy dealerships in Okeene and Kingfisher for over 35 years." The bill he introduced will directly benefit his family financially in expense of Oklahoma citizens. Please consider this as a formal complaint of the conflict of interest. If required, I would be glad to provide my complaint in any other format that is more appropriate.
Thank you."

We'll see.

Last edited:
Hmm. Chevy dealer for 35 years. Now looking out for himself, uh the people of Oklahoma, protecting them a new American carmaker with a more competitive product. Quintessential selflessness. Why are we not already State # 1 in the union?

Reactions: alexgr