TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

People pullout in front of you? (Dash cam)

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by ai4px, May 28, 2018.

1. ai4px

ai4px Wes

Wow, got got a silver MS and it seems like people pull out in front of us a LOT. We had a silver honda and they didn’t pull out this much. It surely can’t be a gray/silver car thing, dunno.... but one thing’s for sure we’re going to get a dash cam. It is pretty doggone hot here and I read somewhere that the blackvue 650 goes out of focus when hot. Can you spell out the perks of the backvue? I’m strongly considering a motorcycle DVR because it has two small cameras and a main module about the size of a deck of cards that could get tucked in the center console - out of the heat. Found a Bluesea DV188 over on amazon. I’m concerned it’s too cheap though. Looking for input from those in the know.

2. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

I have not had this so-called focus issue with my 650S. and I live in Louisiana.

• Like x 1
  3. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

I was earlier versions of the Blackvue. I've had the 650, 750 and now the 900. Heat is not a factor.

But talking about colors. I've had more than 30 cars in my lifetime (so far). Only two have been red. I believe red is safer than any other color out there. I used to see people pulling out in front of me when I was in my blue, black, grey, silver, white, - well every other color but red. I have a theory. I believe that its because all the other colors can easily disappear in the background of the horizon when the driver looks up before pulling out. I believe that RED simply stands out to such a degree that they spot us coming clearly whether its faster or they are focused, I believe its because RED is bold against the background. I didn't experience this with any other color but until I drove RED.

4. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Three cheers for red!!

5. Ketchups

Ketchups Member

I had an idiot reverse out of his parking space without even looking, while I was at a complete stop waiting for the parking spot, and he barely bumped my car! After that I installed a the blkvue 4ch dashcam system - the idiot said I was driving too fast.