Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

People say the darndest things...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay I don't know if " darndestt" is a right word for today's situation.
here is what happen, I was at a shopping mall parking lot some where in north Toronto, as I was walking out of my car and heading to the mall, a gentleman approached me and asked me if he can ask me few things about my Model X.
I gladly explain as much as I could, he asked me questions about charging, air-conditioning and quality of auto pilot. suddenly things turned very awkward, he asked me if I heard about the "BIG PLAN". I asked what it was, and he said that he read some where that all Tesla cars including Roadsters have three medium sized gas tank hidden somewhere in the car and the day that the car sales hit half a million at any random time but simultaneously all cars in motion will automatically roll up the windows, lock , and release a sleeping gas and put all occupants to sleep, the cars will all auto drive to an unknown centre some where in Arizona desert where all tesla owners will be kept and experimented on. " its a scary stuff " he said.
I tried to look serious and asked him okay but that about those who have their cars parked and not in their car? and how about people out side of north America? and he said "eventually when they get in their car it will happen.". " and every continent have their own hidden centers. I tried to explain that this is insane and so untrue. but man he had his foot down and was adamant that his sources was legit.
I told him thanks for the warning I'll keep an eye out. (you can't win an argument with some one like that).

funny how rumors and stories like this floats around.

Okay I don't know if " darndestt" is a right word for today's situation.
here is what happen, I was at a shopping mall parking lot some where in north Toronto, as I was walking out of my car and heading to the mall, a gentleman approached me and asked me if he can ask me few things about my Model X.
I gladly explain as much as I could, he asked me questions about charging, air-conditioning and quality of auto pilot. suddenly things turned very awkward, he asked me if I heard about the "BIG PLAN". I asked what it was, and he said that he read some where that all Tesla cars including Roadsters have three medium sized gas tank hidden somewhere in the car and the day that the car sales hit half a million at any random time but simultaneously all cars in motion will automatically roll up the windows, lock , and release a sleeping gas and put all occupants to sleep, the cars will all auto drive to an unknown centre some where in Arizona desert where all tesla owners will be kept and experimented on. " its a scary stuff " he said.
I tried to look serious and asked him okay but that about those who have their cars parked and not in their car? and how about people out side of north America? and he said "eventually when they get in their car it will happen.". " and every continent have their own hidden centers. I tried to explain that this is insane and so untrue. but man he had his foot down and was adamant that his sources was legit.
I told him thanks for the warning I'll keep an eye out. (you can't win an argument with some one like that).

funny how rumors and stories like this floats around.

Tell him our cars can barely get in and out of the garage in a straight 20-30 foot line using Summon or at times stay in perfectly lined freeway lanes - rest assured there is not way it'll self drive to its secret location ;-) Plus it would take a lot of gas to get a 2 ton car to the AZ dessert from most parts of the country...

Tell him our cars can barely get in and out of the garage in a straight 20-30 foot line using Summon or at times stay in perfectly lined freeway lanes - rest assured there is not way it'll self drive to its secret location ;-) Plus it would take a lot of gas to get a 2 ton car to the AZ dessert from most parts of the country...
I doubt i will ever see him again. lol but if I do, I will. also Add to dictionary think by small tanks for gas he meant sleeping gas.

If I were you, I'd go back to my car and move it to another part of the parking lot out of sight from this guy. No telling what he would do to the car in the name of protecting you and others from the evils of Elon and Tesla. Seriously.

• Helpful
Reactions: ahtlys
Just called up my service center. Bringing in the X next week to request removal of the three hidden ether & chlorofoam gas tanks.

Going to be epic to see the service notes on this. Hope they take their sweet time with the removal so I can cruise around in a P100D loaner.
BAHAHAHHHHHHHHHAH I LAUGHED way to o long, if you seriously did that id love to see Service agent face and reaction when he/she reds it.
I should have corrected that guy telling him I don't think it s tank it should be cartridge.

BAHAHAHHHHHHHHHAH I LAUGHED way to o long, if you seriously did that id love to see Service agent face and reaction when he/she reds it.
I should have corrected that guy telling him I don't think it s tank it should be cartridge.

I'm very good at deadpan so I could describe your original post word by word and sound completely serious as if I had a an air conditioner leak issue or something. It would be great.

I'd give it more than a few minutes of thought if it wouldn't waste their time for people who had real issues or put me on the cuckoo list for future service requests. :D

Man - your story is nuts though. Were you alone, any kids with you or anything? That would have made the situation really uncomfortable.

I did have an encounter at the Barstow super charger at night where someone walked up to me and said:

"I'm not going to steal from you or ask you for money - but can I ask you questions about your car?" - nice icebreaker for sure...

I'm very good at deadpan so I could describe your original post word by word and sound completely serious as if I had a an air conditioner leak issue or something. It would be great.

I'd give it more than a few minutes of thought if it wouldn't waste their time for people who had real issues or put me on the cuckoo list for future service requests. :D

Man - your story is nuts though. Were you alone, any kids with you or anything? That would have made the situation really uncomfortable.

I did have an encounter at the Barstow super charger at night where someone walked up to me and said:

"I'm not going to steal from you or ask you for money - but can I ask you questions about your car?" - nice icebreaker for sure...

that ice breaker will get me really nervous, no I was alone, I have to see if my dash cam picked up the conversation.
that guy honestly looked like a genuine man abut 35-40 years old well dressed and normal.

Already happened to me. Hold your breath for the 20 or so seconds it takes to open the rear hatch and crawl out the back. Hopefully, the car is not going that fast at the time. Then call Tesla because vehicular abduction is within the warranty terms. The more you know!

• Funny
Reactions: goneskiian