Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Peppermint Oil spray solution under Frunk Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

IAmNotARobot

M3LR: Tony Spark
Aug 23, 2021
Uk
I live in an area where we have a pretty bad rodent problem. The bushy area next to my parking spot is a rat run and I've seen them scattering around and climbing up the fences, when I pull into my spot at night.

I want to be proactive and not have to deal with the possibility of a rodent problem. I'm considering removing the frunk cover and spraying a homemade peppermint oil solution to the area.

Is this safe to do? Are there any areas I should avoid spraying the solution onto?

Reactions: Kevy Baby
(moderator note)

@IAmNotARobot

What is this thread title actually trying to say? I am fairly confident it doesnt say what you ment to type but am not sure what it was "supposed" to be. Perhaps instead of "

Peppermint Oil spray solution under drunk are"

You were actually trying to say "Peppermint oil spray solution under frunk area" ?

This looks like a phone auto correct thing to me (your phone auto corrected frunk to drunk and area to are)?

• Funny
Reactions: Big Earl and AquaY
After experiencing rodent damage to my Y I've sprayed the peppermint stuff in the area behind the trunk without a problem. I'm paranoid enough that I've also tucked dryer sheets in the compartment corners and hooked on a battery-powered rodent repeller that emits a light and sound rodents don't like. All this because I don't want to have to wait two weeks again to have the damage repaired!

(moderator note)

@IAmNotARobot

What is this thread title actually trying to say? I am fairly confident it doesnt say what you ment to type but am not sure what it was "supposed" to be. Perhaps instead of "

Peppermint Oil spray solution under drunk are"

You were actually trying to say "Peppermint oil spray solution under frunk area" ?

This looks like a phone auto correct thing to me (your phone auto corrected frunk to drunk and area to are)?
Yes, apologies. Autocorrected and I didn't double check before posting. Is it possible to change title?

After experiencing rodent damage to my Y I've sprayed the peppermint stuff in the area behind the trunk without a problem. I'm paranoid enough that I've also tucked dryer sheets in the compartment corners and hooked on a battery-powered rodent repeller that emits a light and sound rodents don't like. All this because I don't want to have to wait two weeks again to have the damage repaired!
Guess it would be difficult for you to say which method was most effective right? I considered the light/sound repellant but from what I've read, its success rate varies.

The peppermint method would require me to pop out the frunk area every so often to respray, where as the light/sound box is a one time install. Was it simply a case of hooking it up to the 12v battery?

I use peppermint oil too sprayed around the bottom of the tires figuring they would crawl up that way.

Reactions: IAmNotARobot
Unfortunately I live in the inner city, so a barn cat might not feel at home 😂
(Moderator note)

Sure, thats why I was asking under my mod tag :). what should it say?
"Drunk are Frunk area"
I use peppermint oil too sprayed around the bottom of the tires figuring they would crawl up that way.
That makes sense, would save a lot of time not having to remove the frunk area

On amazon in the product description for battery-powered rodent repeller, it was mentioned that it is not recommended for EV. Any thoughts on this?