Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pepsi Expects Delivery of 15 Tesla Semis this Year

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PepsiCo expects to receive delivery of 15 units of the Tesla Semi this year.

In a press release offering updates on a sustainability strategy at its Modesto, Calif. manufacturing site, PepsiCo said it has reduced greenhouse gas emissions in its fleet by more than half. The company’s diesel usage had been cut by 78%.

“To date, the equipment and infrastructure in place at the site includes nearly 60 tractors, box trucks, yard trucks or forklifts powered by electric, lithium-ion technologies or natural gas with renewable attributes, with the remaining 15 electric tractors expected to deploy later this year,” the release said. “Infrastructure to support the project incorporates an adjacent natural gas station with renewable attributes, as well as solar carports, battery storage, truck charging systems and employee electric vehicle charging stations.”

PepsiCo was one of the first company’s to announce plans to add the Tesla Semi to its fleet. While the Semi has been delayed, Tesla is reportedly ramping up efforts on the project with a hopes to start early production by summer 2021.

The Semi is capable of going 0-60 in 5 seconds without a trailer and within 20 seconds loaded with 80,000 pounds. Tesla watchers have reported that Tesla intends to use its homegrown higher density battery packs for the project.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need Tesla to build a medium duty truck to use as tow trucks.

B652F173-6D24-4412-ABB8-9BCB120E9029.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: InternetDude
Love Pepsi and missing Michael when he was at his best. Mostly missing the positive energy that America had then... “The choice of a new generation.” Lots of good energy and everyone wasn’t constantly offended by everything, fighting and killing each other. Black or white, it didn’t matter.

My dad took me to the New York Auto Show in the 80’s. There was a red Firebird with a massive sound system in it cranking “Beat It.” I never saw or heard anything like it... ever. Didn’t quite know what to think, but it was significant.

Looking back: Michael was an up-and-coming young pop artist and the massive guitar riff was (secretly) none other than Edward Van Halen. Huge!

017EA8B7-CC15-4303-A9BE-98CB666C209D.jpeg

957422FC-3EF8-4B1A-B977-0114DD4211DC.jpeg

Last edited: