Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Perfect Platform Bike Rack for X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After much research and attempting to accommodate the 120lb weight limit on the hitch for two mountain e-bikes I received the Yakima Dr.Tray today and with both eMTBs, with batteries removed, and the 34lb bike rack it clocks in at 111lbs.

You can get it for a great deal now. I got mine in three days, free shipping and no tax, $487 for a $600 rack.
Yakima DrTray 2 Bike Hitch Rack | Discount Bandit

I sold my Thule classic as it was too heavy and it sold fast on marketplace. Spring riding is about to begin and Dr.Tray is THE bike rack for the X1

CA0BD348-BF4C-4AD9-AC71-ECA7C7299D76.jpeg

90D6B6A9-55B6-41BB-A412-A348DA758783.jpeg

4EF723C1-D2EA-4B05-A4DC-219FB5801B4B.jpeg

Reactions: puhiniho
Curious if you've ever supercharged with the rack/bike in place? Otherwise it looks great and nice you can open the hatch with the bikes!
I've only SC'd once and it was without the rack but I don't see it being an issue unless you're talking about cable reach. Would not be good to have to remove bikes and fold rack up but that would work.

I have the exact same setup and was looking for a rack to carry my Specialized Levo on my grey Model X! :) Thanks for the post - I'm ordering one now!
If using Discount Bandit be sure you order 2" as they also have the 1.5". Been using this rack for 2 months and no complaints. Tightening tensioner takes a lot of spins but great to have a rack that doesn't make any noise in the hitch unlike my Thule.

Also looking for a locking cotter pin for added security, the one that comes with it does not go all the way thru the hitch but good enough for preventing rack from falling out of hitch